Has anyone had any success with hospitality jobs?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2021, 4:11 pm

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2021, 11:52 pm

I am aspiring hotelier and like what kind or brand or what chain or what company would you want to work for?I would prolly stay away from hotel companies that are backed by private equity or hedge funds or activist investors if you want to get the best job as just a rank and file worker and have the best chance at a good run with the company.I have done lots of research on that industry.I would try to work for the newer brands because those are less run-down.I would stay away from motels but that could be a good way to break into the industry.

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 12:35 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I am aspiring hotelier and like what kind or brand or what chain or what company would you want to work for?I would prolly stay away from hotel companies that are backed by private equity or hedge funds or activist investors if you want to get the best job as just a rank and file worker and have the best chance at a good run with the company.I have done lots of research on that industry.I would try to work for the newer brands because those are less run-down.I would stay away from motels but that could be a good way to break into the industry.

@Texasmoneyman300

Which job roles within that industry would be autism friendly?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 7:04 pm

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

@Texasmoneyman300

Which job roles within that industry would be autism friendly?

maybe you could help take care of the breakfast area or something.I would not recommend front desk because that typically would not be autism friendly I dont think but maybe you could work in the back office or something or be a groundskeeper at the hotel.I dont know.Those are just ideas and possiblities.I am rooting for you.Good luck.You could help with them in the financial side of it if you are good at math at numbers and simple math like arithemetic.You dont need algebra or anything like that i wouldnt think.Or maybe take care of their social media page or website.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 4:41 pm

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:

relative success lol.

Eddie Brock
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Dec 2021, 4:51 pm

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:

It depends on your definition of success, how long do you have to keep the job to be succesful. I was unable to keep any job in hospitality.