Cannot find any people who would be like me.

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

ElvenNeko
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Nov 2021, 5:50 am

I am mostly interested in fiction. And usually fiction about something not from our reality - sci-fi, post-apocalyptic, horror, fantasy... My major interest is video games and stories for video games, i enjoy very much writing them and always wanted to find someone who could discuss them with me, or perhaps even write them together. But i never found such person even on specialized places dedicated to game writing. Nobody in my small city are into such thing, most of the people even only play mobile games, so i can't have irl connections. And in the internet... idk what is wrong, either people perfer to find someone who is close to them geographically, or they just not interested.

I can't really hold a conversation with someone who does not share my interest. I simply don't know what to say to them, i don't want to tell about stuff i like because i know it is boring for them, but i can't tell about anything else much. I can answer, if other person picks the subject - then conversation goes well, but other people are tired from always being the initiators and i can't really talk much about most of the subjects anyway.

The other thing i am interested in is nature and animals, but i don't like to talk about them much, and more watch documentaries, just observe.

I also like erotic content, and feel like being friends with a girl who produces it might be cool - helping her to make good photos, picking outfits and themes, but again in my small city girls are very close-minded and not doing that kind of stuff, and... i am quite sure that competitior for attention of such girls are insane in any case and my boring personality would not stand a chance.

It feels like human interaction is just not for me. If i was born in a different country, or perhaps with different gender, then things could be good. But in my life i can only interact with cats, because they love unconditional cuddles and want to interact with me. Sad that it's not possible to talk with them. It's really sad to see how other people having each other and i will never have anyone.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Nov 2021, 7:39 am

I know they can't replace humans, but cats (and dogs) can be very good company indeed.

To met like minded people, perhaps find clubs or societies (in real life preferably) where you might meet people who share your specialized interests. You'd be surprised how many little interest groups of all kinds exist, even in small cities or large towns, if you look.

It is nice when one finds someone who enjoys listening to fantalk, and can respond with insight of his or her own or even just listen.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 8:03 am

I understand the internal pull of wanting to collaborate closely with someone. For me it was/is in music and dance. Over my life so far, I have had brief connections, but never the “real” thing.

I am also interested deeply in wild and native places, flora and fauna, but like you, this does not seem to be something to be shared.

I’ve not found anyone irl who are like me. It has been wonderful to find others here. I didn’t know I was autistic until quite recently. I did not grow up with access to information or internet.

ElvenNeko
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Nov 2021, 8:33 am

envirozentinel wrote:
perhaps find clubs or societies.

Not existing in my city.

I tried many internet societies, like groups and chats for game writers. Nobody interested to talk about it, people only looking for jobs there or discussing stuff that does not interest me, like commercial writing issues.
Even worse for other interests.

Quote:
I am also interested deeply in wild and native places, flora and fauna, but like you, this does not seem to be something to be shared.

If you can travel, you can find people who want to travel to same place and enjoy them together.

I can't travel on foot because of my health and can't travel on vechicles because i am too poor so i only can enjoy nature in documentaries, photos and video games.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Nov 2021, 11:31 am

I'm sorry to hear you can't enjoy real nature. Even in our large cities here there are large parks with dams or streams, and nature trails along riverbanks. In our largest city, there are many thousands of large trees and a rich variety of birdlife. You hear peaceful birdsong from your house or apartment.

Sorry to hear your health isn't up to walking much. How is the public transport system?

You Tube has some wonderful nature documentaries of scenery from all over the world and so I also do a lot of armchair travelling.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

ElvenNeko
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Nov 2021, 1:56 pm

My city has park but church took over it and buit giant church and cut majority of the trees.

There is also forest but it's quite far away and it's pine forest, it always looks the same and only squirrels living there. I explored it too many times and it's boring now.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 1:06 am

ElvenNeko wrote:
Nobody in my small city are into such thing,

How do you know? How have you gone about looking for them?

Also, is there any chance you could move to a larger city, or at least a larger metro area?

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 7:14 am

You remind me of one of my middle school friends. Actually she May be another aspie too. She was very interested in video games and drawing, and animation. Drawing comics and playing games was her life basically
I think you would get on well together. Sadly we lost contact and she apparently moved to another country.

What i mean is, don't lose hope. You might very well meet someone out of the blue.

ElvenNeko
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Nov 2021, 1:34 am

Quote:

Also, is there any chance you could move to a larger city, or at least a larger metro area?

Yes, i looked. And moving to another city would require money, that i do not have.

Quote:
You might very well meet someone out of the blue.

I saw many people that i might like. But they always from other countries and do not respond to me, probably because they found someone closer. But i NEVER saw people like that from my country. And i don't understand why. Are my country cursed?

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 4:30 am

Trust me i feel the same way. People in my country that i can actually relate to amount to.. One i guess. And that friend of mine is also looking for ways to get out of the country.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 1:17 am

ElvenNeko wrote:
Quote:

Yes, i looked.

I didn't ask whether you looked (you already said you had). I asked more specifically how you looked. If you tell us how looked, someone here might be able to suggest some other method of looking that you hadn't thought of.

ElvenNeko wrote:
And moving to another city would require money, that i do not have.

Quote:
You might very well meet someone out of the blue.

I saw many people that i might like. But they always from other countries and do not respond to me, probably because they found someone closer. But i NEVER saw people like that from my country. And i don't understand why. Are my country cursed?

What country are you in?

If you would like to attract potential friends who share your interests here on Wrong Planet, I would suggest that you do the following:

1) Indicate your general geographic location in your profile. Don't be specific enough to endanger your privacy, but include at least your country, and, if you live in a large country, include your province/state/region.

2) Edit your profile to include a signature line that mentions your hobbies.