Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 9:38 am

Documentary of talented autistic pianist from Edinburgh nominated for a BAFTA

Quote:
Sean Logan’s documentary is shortlisted for the award, the winner of which will be announced at the BAFTA Scotland Awards on Saturday.

The film focuses on Mr Logan’s use of the piano to navigate life on the autistic spectrum. As he is drawn into new musical collaborations, the 25-year-old must learn to balance his enthusiasm and compulsive energy with understanding and compromise, redefining his perspective in the process.

Speaking to the Evening News about the film, Mr Logan said: “I’m really happy that the film has been nominated, and I hope that the legacy of this film is focused on what art can mean for people on the spectrum.

“Music is a therapeutic tool for people like myself, it connects me to people, music is something that brings people together.

“What I’ve learned is that the help is out there, and its been by using tools that are out there already in the world for autistic people like myself, that I’ve succeeded.

“However, we need to ensure that people have access to those tools, because loads of people are still struggling.

“We’re really coming into a great time for people on the spectrum, as autism is being understood and identified a lot more now, and by 2050, who’s to say that neurodiversity won’t be the norm”.

The documentary short was produced and directed by Austen McCowan and Will Hewitt, and has been shown at several film festivals throughout the UK, winning Best Short Documentary at the Scottish Mental Health Arts Festival and the Optical Sound Award at the Flatpack Film Festival.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 9:00 am

Documentary following autistic pianist from Edinburgh wins BAFTA

Quote:

Harmonic Spectrum, which features 25-year-old Edinburgh-based Sean Logan, was awarded the distinguished honour in the Short Film & Animation category at the star-studded BAFTA Scotland Awards on Saturday.

The film focuses on Sean, a talented musician using the piano to navigate life on the Autistic Spectrum. As he is drawn into new musical collaborations, he must learn to balance his enthusiasm and compulsive energy with understanding and compromise, redefining his artistic perspective.

Congratulations Sean

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman