Worth it.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 2:41 am

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
He's from Texas. How could he not have?

Well, his descriptions of them make me think he's never actually met one, but then I'm also giving him the benefit of the doubt rather than assuming malicious intent right out of the gate.

Remember they grow everything differently in Texas. That surely includes Republicans.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 4:34 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Remember they grow everything differently in Texas. That surely includes Republicans.

I've known a few Texas Republicans, one of them got in trouble at my trade school for pistol whipping his roommate over drinking all of his beer (that involving the cops was never on the table should tell you something about the culture at my school...), but I don't recall any of them acting like a stereotype out of the Mad Men era, expecting their Stepford wives to stay in the kitchen and make them sandwiches. Having met Texan women, I can see why that probably wouldn't fly down there...

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 4:43 am

Dox47 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Remember what happened to the other thread when you got too cocky? :mrgreen:

Worth it.

Is it though? Arguing with or putting down a bunch of people on the internet, when you could be raising yourself or others up instead. It's obvious most peoples' opinions won't change. Why waste so much time posting all those pages of text, evidence and memes? I don't think it makes you look tough.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 5:04 am

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

I've known a few Texas Republicans, one of them got in trouble at my trade school for pistol whipping his roommate over drinking all of his beer (that involving the cops was never on the table should tell you something about the culture at my school...), but I don't recall any of them acting like a stereotype out of the Mad Men era, expecting their Stepford wives to stay in the kitchen and make them sandwiches. Having met Texan women, I can see why that probably wouldn't fly down there...

Ah, well, that is true also. I laughed when I envisioned my female friends in Texas ...

(Some women are skilled at giving the men in their lives the illusion they are in charge, though)

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 9:54 am

Dox47 wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Oh,Lord! I do hope she can control the unsettling cacking that she's prone to exhibiting at stressful moments. (That s**t is creepy!)

Glad to see you're still among us :D .

Thanks! I'll let my account be for now

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

20 Nov 2021, 12:04 pm

! Cornflake wrote:
Locked by request of the OP.