Conservatives wanting PBS defunded due to new cast member on

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 10:02 pm

Religious fundamentalists claimed that South Park was designed to “turn people gay” and “turn people away from God” when it first premiered.

When they ask “is a show appropriate for children?”, what they’re really asking is “could this show have been made in the 50s?”

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Dec 2021, 10:38 pm

auntblabby wrote:
a lot of these are religious types ["bible belt"] who think black folk are cursed by god [the mark of cain] and thus deserve all the bile that can be hurled their way.

That probably explains why my parents, back over 40 years ago (they’re both dead now, but my brothers still, for the most part, think like them), told me I was a white n****r! You think Southerners and Southern Baptists are racists? The Old Order Amish and Old Order Mennonites are worse!

To be fair, I can be just as racist, especially if you treat me like dogsh!t. You treat me with respect, or leave me alone, there won’t be any problems with me.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Dec 2021, 11:13 pm

Truthfully, I no longer watch PBS, or even listen to NPR. I no longer watch PBS for the same reason I no longer watch the BBC (now that I have an IPTV subscription), ITV (with the exception of ITV4 during the day): there’s nothing interesting on (at least ITV4 still runs Jeremy Brett’s Sherlock Holmes, The Avengers, and the Sweeney.). Everything else is essentially Reality TV. (Which is why I’ve been watching all the cartoon channels and classicTV channels lately, since the neighbors complain about my singing.)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2021, 12:20 am

Right wingers spamming sesame street.They have never liked it to start of with,.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2021, 12:20 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
MuddRM wrote:
CPAC wants PBS defunded due to Sesame Street adding an Asian-American Character

Absolute Looney Toons (with apologies to Warner Brother Animation).

Now I’m more than convinced the Right has gone more overboard than the Left.

Here’s a novel idea: how about governing the country responsibly, rather than crucifying a fictional character on a children’s show?

Hey! Cesar! Leave us the f!ck alone!

Cancel Culture.

The right has always been there.

What do you mean?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2021, 9:12 am

cyberdad wrote:
Right wingers spamming sesame street.They have never liked it to start of with,.

There go my dreams of full-frontal nudity and F-bombs on network daytime television.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2021, 6:32 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
MuddRM wrote:
CPAC wants PBS defunded due to Sesame Street adding an Asian-American Character

Absolute Looney Toons (with apologies to Warner Brother Animation).

Now I’m more than convinced the Right has gone more overboard than the Left.

Here’s a novel idea: how about governing the country responsibly, rather than crucifying a fictional character on a children’s show?

Hey! Cesar! Leave us the f!ck alone!

Cancel Culture.

The right has always been there.

What do you mean?

Go to the linked thread. They have been canceling things hundreds of years before the wokesters were born.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2021, 7:25 pm

You mean right wingers cancelling stuff? sure, didn't they want to cancel Galileo's theory of the solar system or Copernicus's theory of the universe or Charles Darwin's theory of evolution or more recently the depiction of blacks, women, gays in the media?

Science, ethics and equality never sat comfortably with the "rugged individualist mind"