Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 6:45 pm

Biden's doctor says he's fit for office after annual physical

Quote:
President Biden’s physician on Friday determined he was healthy and fit to execute the duties of the presidency following his annual physical the day before his 79th birthday.

Biden visited Walter Reed Medical Center for a colonoscopy and a routine checkup. Kevin O’Connor, physician to the president, broadly determined Biden to be in good health.

“President Biden remains a healthy, vigorous, 78-year-old male, who is fit to successfully execute the duties of the Presidency, to include those as Chief Executive, Head of State and Commander in Chief,” O’Connor wrote in a six-page summary of Biden’s physical.

O’Connor did highlight two areas that he said warranted further investigation — specifically Biden’s recent “throat clearing” and what he described as a stiffened gait.

“The President’s gait appears to be perceptibly stiffer and less fluid than it has been in the past. He does specifically acknowledge early morning stiffness that improves throughout the day,” the doctor said.

O'Connor noted Biden’s broken foot, which he suffered roughly a year ago, could contribute to the awkward walk, but he more broadly assessed Biden was dealing with spinal arthritis and “peripheral neuropathy,” meaning some loss of sensation in the feet.

O’Connor also wrote that Biden is experiencing “throat clearing” with “increasing frequency and severity” and said that he attributed it to a digestive disorder known as gastroesophageal reflux, or GERD.

“President Biden experiences occasional symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux, primarily having to clear his throat more often. This may also contribute to occasional cough and sinus congestion. His symptoms are typically exacerbated shortly after meals,” he wrote

Biden weighed 184 pounds, putting him at a Body Mass Index of 25.0, which is just on the edge of the overweight category, though BMI can be an inaccurate measure of fitness because it does not take into account muscle mass. His blood pressure was 120/70.

The president takes five medications, O’Connor wrote, including Crestor to address high cholesterol; Dymista nasal spray for allergies; Allegra for allergies; Eliquis as a blood thinner; and Pepcid to treat GERD.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 7:32 pm

Kamala is ready to take the helm in case anything happens, the country and free world is in safe hands.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 10:21 pm

She is very unpopular.
She may as well enjoy the position while she can. :mrgreen:

BTW, I wonder how many people they found up there? :scratch:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 12:37 am

I’m only 60.

I wake up pretty stiff—but that usually improves in the course of the day.

I’m not in bad shape.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 1:02 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’m only 60.

I wake up pretty stiff—but that usually improves in the course of the day.

I’m not in bad shape.

Stop boasting. :mrgreen:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 12:16 pm

I don’t mean in THAT sense.

I got the booster yesterday. I’m walking like I’m Pinocchio today.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 12:59 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kamala is ready to take the helm in case anything happens, the country and free world is in safe hands.

That opinion is based on what, exactly? Kamala's tecord record as attorney general in California is beyond horrible. Biden was one of the authors of the infamous 1994 crime bill during Bill Clinton's administration. He also was heavily in favor of deregulating Wall Street. Also, he voted in favor of the Iraq War and every other war since.

That's just a start. I'm really curious why you have such an opinion about two such horrible corporate Democrats.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 2:23 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Off Topic
Congratulations. I got mine Thursday

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 2:32 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Again with the "wood" reference. 8O
I think I am having a bad influence on you. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 2:34 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

That opinion is based on what, exactly? Kamala's tecord record as attorney general in California is beyond horrible. Biden was one of the authors of the infamous 1994 crime bill during Bill Clinton's administration. He also was heavily in favor of deregulating Wall Street. Also, he voted in favor of the Iraq War and every other war since.

That's just a start. I'm really curious why you have such an opinion about two such horrible corporate Democrats.

*cough* hyperpartisanship *cough* :mrgreen:

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 3:29 pm

Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Well, that's the way it is. Most people are living in a dream world where politics are concerned. They want to believe so badly that their team is good and righteous. But they just don't have a clue.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 4:50 pm

Off-topic stuff inside.

VegetableMan wrote:
Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Well, that's the way it is. Most people are living in a dream world where politics are concerned. They want to believe so badly that their team is good and righteous. But they just don't have a clue.

Well, I have given the phenomenon of hyperpartisanship a great deal of thought, and using the pseudo pscience <sic> of psychology <irony>, I have come to the conclusion that it is simply another manifestation of "Man's search for meaning".
Hardly a groundbreaking consideration.

People will kill for a cause.
And people will die for one also, for Christ's sake. 8O

For some, a sense of meaning will trump a desire to be objective to see the truth.
The bottom line, people are odd. 8O :mrgreen:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 7:50 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

As if Trump and Pence were sterling examples of morality and competence.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 8:00 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

As if Trump and Pence were sterling examples of morality and competence.

What do Trump and Pence have evenly remotely to do with the conversation?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 8:32 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

what has that got to do with either of their capacity to run the country? Trump inc. has a deplorable record going back to Trump's numerous bankruptcies (and shareholders jumping out of buildings) and students losing their lifesavings when he closed his ramshackle trump university. But that didn't stop 75 million of your fellow Americans thinking he could steer their country.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 9:18 pm

cyberdad wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

what has that got to do with either of their capacity to run the country? Trump inc. has a deplorable record going back to Trump's numerous bankruptcies (and shareholders jumping out of buildings) and students losing their lifesavings when he closed his ramshackle trump university. But that didn't stop 75 million of your fellow Americans thinking he could steer their country.

Steering a country is easy. Steering it in a direction that benefits the people, rather than a ruling class, is another matter. Neither major party is doing that.

Oscar Meyer Lansky