Verdict returned in Rittenhouse trial

Page 30 of 60 [ 954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 60  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 3:49 am

Dox47 wrote:
I will say that it's more annoying when people who don't live here try to lecture me about the situation on the ground though, I have a very low tolerance for the "well I read this article about it so I know better than you who actually live there" attitude, not that I ever get that from you.

What are you gonna do? shoot me :lol:

Only kidding, don't kill me Dox.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 3:50 am

cyberdad wrote:
The only reason the Arbery case even went to trial is because of the dashcam footage. How many victim families will need to rely on "lady luck" to prosecute a shooter?

All of them, that is how the presumption of innocence works.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 4:04 am

cyberdad wrote:

Nah, I'll stick to harsh language, bullets have gotten stupidly expensive with this whole pandemic thing. :lol:

Funny story about that, a big part of the reason that ammo is hard to find and expensive right now is that we had a huge influx of new gun owners this last year, lots of minorities and women, and that a big driver of that has been the feeling that things are out of control, that the state will not protect you, which is not new but is much more obvious than it has been in recent years. I can see it in the orientation classes for new members at my gun club, lots of danger hair and non-traditional demographics, and before you even think to say it, they get a warm welcome from the old fat white guy contingent, who are just thrilled to see the sport get passed on to a new generation.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 4:53 am

Well if bullets are expensive then magic might do the trick

Black woman magic? remarkably impressive young lady

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 5:02 am

Dox47 wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Amerians do tend to have this weird notion that non-Amerians shouldn't talk about their politics, however.
How are we meant to learn if we don't involve ourselves in these discussions? :scratch:
2 years ago, I pretty much knew nothing about American politics.
Now I am full of it. :mrgreen:

I have the same policy towards both Americans and non-Americans when it comes to commenting on American politics: know what you're talking about. I will say that it's more annoying when people who don't live here try to lecture me about the situation on the ground though, I have a very low tolerance for the "well I read this article about it so I know better than you who actually live there" attitude, not that I ever get that from you.

1. I'm interested in discussions rather than mass debating.
2. I am not a hyperpartisan.
3 My focus is on unearthing the Truth.
4. My modus operandi is to wait for the facts to come in before I develop a hard opinion.
5. I have a man crush on you and Brictoria, so I will always defer to your way of thinking.

Why *would* you have a problem with me? :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 5:05 am

cyberdad wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
I will say that it's more annoying when people who don't live here try to lecture me about the situation on the ground though, I have a very low tolerance for the "well I read this article about it so I know better than you who actually live there" attitude, not that I ever get that from you.

We might send you to Russia or China, where you belong.
They can "handle" you "appropriately". 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 5:12 am

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Nah, I'll stick to harsh language, bullets have gotten stupidly expensive with this whole pandemic thing. :lol:

Funny story about that, a big part of the reason that ammo is hard to find and expensive right now is that we had a huge influx of new gun owners this last year, lots of minorities and women, and that a big driver of that has been the feeling that things are out of control, that the state will not protect you, which is not new but is much more obvious than it has been in recent years. I can see it in the orientation classes for new members at my gun club, lots of danger hair and non-traditional demographics, and before you even think to say it, they get a warm welcome from the old fat white guy contingent, who are just thrilled to see the sport get passed on to a new generation.

Oops. :oops:
My comment about "stupid gun laws in America" must have rankled you.
You will live. :mrgreen:

Prehaps "defunding the police" might ease peoples fears so they don't feel a need to buy weapons to protect themselves. <irony> 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 5:14 am

cyberdad wrote:

My brain isn't working tonight.
Educate me. :?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 6:16 am

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

My brain isn't working tonight.
Educate me. :?

Even I don't know what i was thinking....I've been watching Harry Potter and it looked like this BLM girl was using some sort of charm on the riot cops

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 5:50 pm

Pepe wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
MuddRM wrote:
Not only are you an amorous(?) polecat, YOU’RE NOT EVEN AN AMERICAN!! ! ! WORRY ABOUT THE ISSUES HAPPENING IN OZ, INSTEAD OF STICKING YOUR NOSE IN EVERYONE ELSE’S BUSINESS.

Not sure if you're being serious, there are quite a few non-Americans on here participating, there isn't a rule against it or anything.

I assume he is joking.
He will have to be less ambiguous if he isn't.

Amerians do tend to have this weird notion that non-Amerians shouldn't talk about their politics, however.
How are we meant to learn if we don't involve ourselves in these discussions? :scratch:

I actually prefer American politics to Australian politics, these days.
I must have been an American in a former life. 8)

Meh, As you said, it ain't against the rulz, so I will continue a yappin, y'all'. :mrgreen:

I confess it really caught me off guard to see foreign nationals so vested in our politics. We Americans (ordinary citizens) generally don’t invest ourselves that deeply in anyone else’s politics. After all, each country has the right to govern itself in accordance with its own unique history, culture and preferences. While I accept outsiders will have opinions, and that sometimes a third party perspective is useful, the idea that a third party might attempt to influence events and opinions in someone else’s country is appalling to me. The difference can be a fine line, but I would hope outsiders will be wary of it.

There are also times when outsiders try to get inside the heads of Americans and, well, unless someone has lived here I really don’t see how they can believe they possibly can.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 7:13 pm

Looks like Kyle is going to be a popular boy
https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... c9c9c76019

The New York Post reports four groups are behind a rally planned for Wednesday to boot Rittenhouse, 18, who revealed that he was an online student at the Tempe school and would like to live a quiet life on campus.

“KILLER OFF CAMPUS,” reads the flyer, calling for the university to “protect students from a violent, bloodthirsty murderer.”

A list of four demands includes getting the 18-year-old cleared killer withdrawn from ASU, as well as for the school to “release a statement against white supremacy and racist murderer Kyle Rittenhouse."

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 7:17 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
MuddRM wrote:
Not only are you an amorous(?) polecat, YOU’RE NOT EVEN AN AMERICAN!! ! ! WORRY ABOUT THE ISSUES HAPPENING IN OZ, INSTEAD OF STICKING YOUR NOSE IN EVERYONE ELSE’S BUSINESS.

Not sure if you're being serious, there are quite a few non-Americans on here participating, there isn't a rule against it or anything.

I assume he is joking.

Meh, As you said, it ain't against the rulz, so I will continue a yappin, y'all'. :mrgreen:

I confess it really caught me off guard to see foreign nationals so vested in our politics. We Americans (ordinary citizens) generally don’t invest ourselves that deeply in anyone else’s politics. After all, each country has the right to govern itself in accordance with its own unique history, culture and preferences. While I accept outsiders will have opinions, and that sometimes a third party perspective is useful, the idea that a third party might attempt to influence events and opinions in someone else’s country is appalling to me. The difference can be a fine line, but I would hope outsiders will be wary of it.

There are also times when outsiders try to get inside the heads of Americans and, well, unless someone has lived here I really don’t see how they can believe they possibly can.

Yes quite shocking that people outside of America have opinions.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 8:12 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
MuddRM wrote:

I assume he is joking.

This website is an American one and is highly Amerian-centric.
If I could find an Australian autistic website that works for me, I'd probably be there more than here.

It is rarely my intention to try and influence anyone, especially hyperpartisans.
"You can take a horse to water, but you can't make it drink", sort of thing.
I have given up trying. It is pointless to put in the hard yakka research and reasoning.
If people don't want to listen, there is nothing anyone can do about it. :shrug:

Q: How many psychiatrists does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: One, but the lightbulb has got to want to change. :mrgreen:

Amerians aren't aliens.
It *is* possible to understand them. :mrgreen:
They follower psychological patterns because they are humans.

I have spent a long time trying to explain why Nazi Germany involved itself in human atrocities, in terms of the human psyche.
Some will never get it even though you have modern examples of inhumanity via the Chinese persecution of the Tibetans and the Uyghurs, etc, as an example.
Some people just like to hate other tribes.
What can you do? :? :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 8:14 pm

cyberdad wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
MuddRM wrote:

I assume he is joking.

Yes quite shocking that people outside of America have opinions.

We are actually allowed to have opinions.
We just can't vioce them. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 8:15 pm

cyberdad wrote:

The New York Post reports four groups are behind a rally planned for Wednesday to boot Rittenhouse, 18, who revealed that he was an online student at the Tempe school and would like to live a quiet life on campus.

“KILLER OFF CAMPUS,” reads the flyer, calling for the university to “protect students from a violent, bloodthirsty murderer.”

A list of four demands includes getting the 18-year-old cleared killer withdrawn from ASU, as well as for the school to “release a statement against white supremacy and racist murderer Kyle Rittenhouse."

Ah, the compassionate liberals at it again.
Yes, boys and girls, that was sarcasm. :mrgreen:

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 9:00 pm

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Ah, the compassionate liberals at it again.
Yes, boys and girls, that was sarcasm. :mrgreen:

Don't these colleges have anything better to do...