Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 1:43 am

Not sure if I got the job, but I will find out this next week if they contact me again. Still though I feel proud of myself going out on the buses the first time in the town I moved to, to go check out a job even if they don't decide to hire me on..I feel like the next job interview will be easier since that one seemed ok. I was feeling very anxious and nervous about it but I powered through that and I also ate half an edible of medical marijuana edibles...they come in 50 mg edibles but for sure that dose does get me a bit high. So I just took half of one of those since that is just enough to keep the anxiety at bay without getting me high as I did not want to be high at the interview(though I think there is nothing wrong being high on weed), a job interview is not the time or place for it.

Basically I have to keep the momentum, if one job called back to at least interview me...even if they don't hire me I can still keep the confidence I felt and apply it to the next one that looks good. And for sure I had been mostly cooped up at home since all the covid so I was worried going out alone would make me feel all anxious and weird...but it actually felt kind of refreshing so that was nice.

So idk even if I don't get that job, I still feel better about getting out and around in this town than I did before, so if that doesn't work out I still have at least a little more confidence since I at least got the interview.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 12:53 pm

Better hope the job doesn't have drug testing

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 2:07 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Not sure if I got the job, but I will find out this next week if they contact me again. Still though I feel proud of myself going out on the buses the first time in the town I moved to, to go check out a job even if they don't decide to hire me on..I feel like the next job interview will be easier since that one seemed ok. I was feeling very anxious and nervous about it but I powered through that and I also ate half an edible of medical marijuana edibles...they come in 50 mg edibles but for sure that dose does get me a bit high. So I just took half of one of those since that is just enough to keep the anxiety at bay without getting me high as I did not want to be high at the interview(though I think there is nothing wrong being high on weed), a job interview is not the time or place for it.

Basically I have to keep the momentum, if one job called back to at least interview me...even if they don't hire me I can still keep the confidence I felt and apply it to the next one that looks good. And for sure I had been mostly cooped up at home since all the covid so I was worried going out alone would make me feel all anxious and weird...but it actually felt kind of refreshing so that was nice.

So idk even if I don't get that job, I still feel better about getting out and around in this town than I did before, so if that doesn't work out I still have at least a little more confidence since I at least got the interview.

I would try to avoid pot when you are in the workforce.technically its still banned at federal level so some jobs and industries have mandatory job testing set by OSHA even in states like Colorado.I dont know how a workplace would handle medical pot in job interview in CO but showing up to a workplace high is a bad idea. or some other anxiety thing or deep breathing exercesises or meditation or whatever would be better for managing axiety when you are in work force.You may have to give up pot for the rest of your career depending on how things play out

JokerDaFungi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Nov 2021, 1:21 am

Most places have stopped testing for cannabis….
I have to agree that a small amount helps calm nerves. I don’t smoke but do consume to help in social settings and pain.
There is a thin line between being able to dose enough to interview with a presumed NT and possibly not even being able to show up for the interview. I do interviews regularly, and can tell when someone is medicated ( mostly because I am too and on high alert). When I was on that side of the table it was hard to even show up because on the show I would have to put on to seem NT. Just be yourself… I have 3 companies and I seem to be a magnet for ASD folks, we have several that work with me. I love to see a ASD person sit across from me because I figure I have someone that can be detailed as I am and dependable and structured. Keep trying…

Personally I miss more Dr appointments, and meets ups due to anxiety more than anything …. Right before I get ready to leave I can’t follow through and cancel ( or use to ).

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2021, 7:23 am

Did you get the job?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 6:28 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Did you get the job?

Not this time, but I'm still looking and have my resume ready.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 6:36 pm

theprisoner wrote:
Better hope the job doesn't have drug testing

Not super likely for a lot of jobs in this town, but some may have it.