Is it reasonable for a 31 year old to be banned fromcaffeine

Page 8 of 10 [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2022, 6:00 pm

My mom also denied (gaslit me about) emotional and physical abuse. Crazy making. I hope you can get out and find the resources you need to survive and eventually thrive.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2022, 8:30 pm

SharonB wrote:
My mom also denied (gaslit me about) emotional and physical abuse. Crazy making. I hope you can get out and find the resources you need to survive and eventually thrive.

Sadly I cant do that because I am not allowed access to my own money or to even own any money legally so I am up a creek so to speak and its illegal for me to have a fulltime job.I am sorry you had to suffer too SharonB.Its illegal for me to own my own bank account.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2022, 7:31 am

My dad said maybe he should start looking for my final resting place because he does not approve of my lifestyle.My dad said he is really close to kicking me out.I dont know why I just cant make them happy and they cant just let me live a normal life of an adult.They infantilize me constantly

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2022, 9:21 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
My dad said maybe he should start looking for my final resting place because he does not approve of my lifestyle.My dad said he is really close to kicking me out.I dont know why I just cant make them happy and they cant just let me live a normal life of an adult.They infantilize me constantly

They do treat you like an infant only infants are not subjected to the a level of psychological and physical abuse you are on the receiving end of.

Your parents don't want you to succeed. If only they were in the Welsh valleys. Their abuse would never be tolerated thousands of miles away from the Bible bashing belt. People would be eyeing the likes of your parents up in the local villages here.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2022, 7:18 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Its illegal for me to own my own bank account.

Do your parents hold a conservatorship? Or are you thinking of asset and income limits for collecting disability?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2022, 7:57 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Its illegal for me to own my own bank account.

Do your parents hold a conservatorship? Or are you thinking of asset and income limits for collecting disability?

Its asset and income limits for goverment benefits.I am only allowed 2000 dollars in my bank but I have to own it jointly with my mom.My parents dont hold a conservatorship but they treat me like it.I am not getting any checks from the government currently.Its asset limits for my healthcare.I can only work 25 hours a week so its a crime for me to work a full-time job.My mom took away my debit card so I have no access to any money of my own money whatsoever.I have 0 dollars of my own income.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2022, 7:26 am

It may not surprise you that I treat my young children (ages 8 and 10) better than your parents treat you. I helped my kids open up bank accounts by age 6. They are already learning to manage their money (my eldest tends to save more; my youngest tends to spend more --- they are practicing to find a good balance). Even if they made mistakes and go into debt I would continue to support them in "learning that lesson" and regaining financial independence. So sorry you have misguided and abusive parents.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2022, 11:24 am

To be fair and balanced, we’re only reading one side of the story. Yes, there are definitely some mistreatments by his parents/father going on, But, we also don’t know what his behaviours are like that may warrant having finances tightly controlled.

It’s difficult to assess the full picture when he makes several contradictory statements strewn across multiple threads. Claims in this thread to be virtually penniless with no access to disability funds and on the verge of homelessness for the umpteenth time, and in another thread to have a ~dozen different professions and investment wealth from trade stocks and other equities. Etc.

If his real life behaviour is as varied and erratic, it might be for the best that he doesn’t have direct access to money so that it isn’t squandered and someone who’s more responsible can assist with budgeting and spending to ensure he has the essentials to sustain himself.

Maybe. Like I said, we’re only reading one side of the story here.. and even if all 100% true, there’s still likely more and different truths from the other side of the situation.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2022, 9:16 pm

That occurred to me. A relative of mine was considered incapable of managing family finances after a head injury. He had little to no restraint. My son is super impulsive, so we'll see how it goes here. That's why I am started early! I had a great-great-great... aunt who behaved as if she was penniless and yet she was quite well off. When she passed, my great-great... grandmother (who repeatedly lent her "poor" sister money), sued the estate (on the grounds of her sister's mental instability, and lost).

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2022, 9:34 pm

SharonB wrote:
That occurred to me. A relative of mine was considered incapable of managing family finances after a head injury. He had little to no restraint. My son is super impulsive, so we'll see how it goes here. That's why I am started early! I had a great-great-great... aunt who behaved as if she was penniless and yet she was quite well off. When she passed, my great-great... grandmother (who repeatedly lent her "poor" sister money), sued the estate (on the grounds of her sister's mental instability, and lost).

Well I am being forced to let my parents manage my finances right now because of welfare regulations saying I can not have more than 2 grand in financial assets at any one time.Technically,My parents own all my money and things because of that.My mom and dad own the oil company officially.Me and my sibling own all parents things unofficially but we will get them after they pass.Spending money is one of my least favorite things.I started saving money in the 90's.Sorry for the confusion.I really am sorry I did not mean to confuse yall.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2022, 7:56 am

Come to find out that spending money is a contributor to my anxiety and panic attacks. I didn't know I was having panic attacks - after all I can breath, they just "hurt". Also, I avoided them. I rarely shop and I typically don't spend over $40 (I have a partner to do so). So this month in an anxiety class, I have "discovered" that I have had panic attacks my entire life and probably would be considered agoraphobic. Me? I live big (relative to my challenges) so this is mind-blowing. I confused the anxiety/panic attacks with meltdowns. It's all a bunch of unbearableness. Bright lights, multiple demands, spending $100 ---- all awful. ;) :| Working on knowing my limits and managing these differently now. :)

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2022, 8:13 am

SharonB wrote:
Come to find out that spending money is a contributor to my anxiety and panic attacks. I didn't know I was having panic attacks - after all I can breath, they just "hurt". Also, I avoided them. I rarely shop and I typically don't spend over $40 (I have a partner to do so). So this month in an anxiety class, I have "discovered" that I have had panic attacks my entire life and probably would be considered agoraphobic. Me? I live big (relative to my challenges) so this is mind-blowing. I confused the anxiety/panic attacks with meltdowns. It's all a bunch of unbearableness. Bright lights, multiple demands, spending $100 ---- all awful. ;) :| Working on knowing my limits and managing these differently now. :)

Oh okay I see.my favorite thing to do with my money is to give to my folks to invest in the stock market for me.I am not allowed to shop online or use Amazon so I dont shop with my own money excapt if if my folks give me permission.But my parents have dicatatorial control over my finances.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2022, 12:48 pm

My parents were/are lousy with their finances, so I'd be in a really bad place if they had control. I was financially independent early in life and have been homeless twice, but thankfully not for long. I have also aided friends/neighbors who are temporarily homeless. People say "Give and take" but in my case it was "take then Give".

Wishing you well as you navigate the complex situation you are in.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2022, 9:07 am

Well my dad kicked me out and assaulted me because I was wanting to sleep on the couch and I wanted caffeine.I have been trying to get him to stop touching me for a long time.I called the cops and my dad got charged with a class C misdeameanour.If I gets I kicked out again maybe Il just live with my billionaire friend and his family.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2022, 10:30 am

My dad now has a criminal record for violence.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2022, 11:29 pm

Ironic that we're back to the subject of the thread (caffeine -as catalyst). So sorry for the abuse. I'm glad you called the police; it's also scary. I wish, pray, sending vibes to you for a good long-term outcome.