Is it reasonable for a 31 year old to be banned fromcaffeine

Page 1 of 10 [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 3:22 am

Hi everybody, My parents ban me from having caffeine a lot of times.A lot of times i cant have coffee,diet dr pepper or tea.Or they only let have a very limited amount of caffeine.My dad told me he would never limit my caffeine again and he lied and started regulating it heavily or banning it all together.I dont drink regular soft drinks that often.Its mainly diet.Its just frustrating because I am over 30 and I cant have real coffee at all most times.Or anything with caffeine.I just think I should have freedom to drink caffeine.I would not have a lot or go crazy with it like have 2 or 3 cups or 4 cups..But I would had way more freedom with it when I was much younger.Caffeine does not even give me sleeping problems.

I guess I cant complain because I am lucky I was not kicked out on the street on my 18th birthday.My parents make me feel guilty because they tell me most parents would kicked me at around my 18th birthday or when i was 18 or after college. although I have been homeless a few times.My dad has yelled at me for wanting caffeine.But their house their rules.But I feel like I am living in a dictatorship because my dad controls virtually every aspect of my life and I just have to keep the status quo or i will be out on the streets yet again.Ugh.Smh.Its not like I am getting drunk or anything like that.All i am asking for is real coffee and some tea and diet dr pepper.I dont see why it has to be a federal case.My dad yells at me a lot and has all my life from a very young age.He needs anger management in my opinion.I dont have anything that makes caffeine unsafe for my personal situation just to clarify.Its tough being chewed out and yelled at every day at times for days one end sometimes multiple times a day.A lot of times my mom isnt any better because she has been wanting to kick me out for years.She is even more adament about than dad.I have been kicked out by parents and been on the street late at night homeless at times with nowhere to go wandering all alone but I am home now.My dad got so enraged and blew a gasket and totally lost it because i had one diet soft drink.He hides all the caffeine from me so I cant have it.I dont know why he has to make a mountain out of a molehill.I came so close to getting kicked out forever and being disowned and being disinherited.for having a diet drink.Fuzzy on the details though.Should I have more freedom in my family house to have a little bit of caffeine when i want it?My parents have it all they want.Their justification is because I am disabled .I used to not even be allowed to drink decaf because it still had a little bit of caffeine it.My dad provokes me all day every day pretty much all the time and its hard not to yell.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 3:31 am

That is ridiculous...like what the hell. I mean crap I know supposedly they have some trust fund to give to you....but f***k if my parents where like that I don't think the trust fund would have been worth it(but I am already used to being poor) I suppose. Like you aren't even allowed a proper cup of tea? at the age of 30...sheesh are you even sure they aren't lying about the trust fund as well?

Basically no it's not reasonable from the sound of it, and I'd be livid if someone came between me and my tea.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 3:35 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
That is ridiculous...like what the hell. I mean crap I know supposedly they have some trust fund to give to you....but f***k if my parents where like that I don't think the trust fund would have been worth it. Like you aren't even allowed a proper cup of tea? at the age of 30...sheesh are you even sure they aren't lying about the trust fund as well?

I am not for sure about trust fund but I guess if they are maybe my extended family and church can help me or if that all fails i will just live in a FEMA trailer or a tent or old trailer.i am not even allowed coffee many times.i have to beg my dad for it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 3:48 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
That is ridiculous...like what the hell. I mean crap I know supposedly they have some trust fund to give to you....but f***k if my parents where like that I don't think the trust fund would have been worth it. Like you aren't even allowed a proper cup of tea? at the age of 30...sheesh are you even sure they aren't lying about the trust fund as well?

I am not for sure about trust fund but I guess if they are maybe my extended family and church can help me or if that all fails i will just live in a FEMA trailer or a tent or old trailer.i am not even allowed coffee many times.i have to beg my dad for it.

It just seems they are being awfully oppressive, and for why? I mean idk have you had adverse reactions to caffeine that they may be concerned of...or is it just a control thing?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 4:00 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

It just seems they are being awfully oppressive, and for why? I mean idk have you had adverse reactions to caffeine that they may be concerned of...or is it just a control thing?

I think a lot of it is because of the old fashioned way they were raised where the children were not allowed any freedoms and the ultrastrict culture he was raised in.I have not had adverse reactions to caffeine.They are just worried about insomina at this point.But even being allowed to even drink decaf coffee was a big breakthrough with my parents.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Nov 2021, 4:12 am

As, apparently, you don't have any serious health issues that would make caffeine kill you, my verdict is:

Ridiculously unreasonable and toxic.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 4:18 am

magz wrote:
As, apparently, you don't have any serious health issues that would make caffeine kill you, my verdict is:

Ridiculously unreasonable and toxic.

Thank you magz for the validation.We talked to my therapist and she was basically like "you are lucky you have your parents or you would be on the street or worse."

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Nov 2021, 4:28 am

Your "therapist" is not helping you at all.
People like her/him give the profession bad name.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 4:32 am

magz wrote:
Your "therapist" is not helping you at all.
People like her/him give the profession bad name.

Ya I just go to have someone to talk to because a lot of times my parents dont want talk to me and are too busy for me even when they are home.Sometimes I get chewed out for wanting to talk to my parents a lot of the time.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Nov 2021, 4:48 am

If you need in-person communication, maybe talk to someone from your church community?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 4:58 am

magz wrote:
If you need in-person communication, maybe talk to someone from your church community?

My dad is in church leadership and everyone would take his side and talking bad about my parents to people from church could really backfire.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Nov 2021, 5:08 am

Not good :/

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 5:33 am

Out of interest, have your parents actually evolved into the multicellular life forms humans usually are?

Your parents are total whackjobs but let's be honest, you knew that for some time now. You need to get away from them asap.

Last edited by Nades on 20 Nov 2021, 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

20 Nov 2021, 5:34 am

Seems like there are deeper issues than caffeine. That is just the tip of the iceberg.

You usually don't have to talk about your family, if it's that out of hand most people know how your parents are from short interactions. For some it takes more. The strategy here is to make them get closer to the community, get close friends.

I find moms friends often come to me to complain about mom and tell me to not let her be [like who do you think i am, the beast tamer? Man I've been living with the beast for all my life, im not gonna take care of your issues with her, f**k no. I've put a lock on my room so she will stay in her dirty lane]. Im like, I told you. They're like you were right. For some it takes longer but for some mom outbursts at first meeting, gets into their workplace to ruin their job for them. Of course some just pity her, especially uninformed elderly.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 6:07 am

TL;DR but you can't stop an adult from drinking tea or coffee.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 6:19 am

Joe90 wrote:
TL;DR but you can't stop an adult from drinking tea or coffee.

Well that may be true theoretically but the risk is too great because I almost got kicked out and disinherited for having a diet drink.