How Do I Restore Strength And Energy Again?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 6:56 am

Whether it was burnout or breakdown, and due to stress etc due to covid, it effected and effects me physically.
The issue is I have had two years of this and actually three or four years, and I really want to be able to cycle again... But walking is difficult on stressful days. What do I do?
It is not physical in that I can't tackle it by eating healthy foods as it will not do anything much. (I have had years of trying in the past!).
It is the psycological effecting the physical, and it has been a few years now where I have hardly been able to do much. I am wanting to get my abilities back and I don't know how to go about it.
The more I try to de-stress, the more outside stresses I have no control of come my way. Is there no way out? I need a way to overcome this to prevent myself from ending up physically dissabled as I am heading downhill. I need to overcome.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 10:18 am

Have you thought about a static bike or some kind of indoor exercise machine just to get you started?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 11:32 am

babybird wrote:
Have you thought about a static bike or some kind of indoor exercise machine just to get you started?

I don't get on well with them. Boring. Apart from that it is the same issue. Energy is not there due to anxiety etc.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2021, 11:08 am

Yeah it's a viscous circle. You can't exercise because of anxiety yet exercise could actually help with the anxiety.

I get paralysed with anxiety sometimes and it's the hardest thing in the world to move myself to do something that I know will help me.

Best of luck to you MG.