Woman sentenced to 20 years - scammed millions from Autistic

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 8:54 am

A Louisiana woman was sentenced to 2 decades in prison after pleading guilty to posing as an attorney and stealing millions from autistic man

Quote:
A New Orleans, Louisiana woman, was reportedly sentenced to two decades in prison after posing as an attorney and scamming nearly $2 million from a man who is autistic.

The woman, identified as 45-year-old Kristina Galjour, pleaded guilty on Monday to three counts of practicing law without a license and for theft valued at over $25,000, Nola.com reported citing court documents.

The outlet reported that Galjour, who was not licensed to practice, started to pretend to be an attorney in 2016, a year after the 59-year-old man's parents died.

The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office said his parents left him with a home in New Orleans and a trust fund, the New York Post reported, managed by Legacy Law Center — where Galjour was an employee.

When the man contacted the authorities, all the money in the trust was gone. WDSU-TV reported that Galjour was arrested in 2019.

Nola.com reported that her guilty plea also includes five other victims, who gave her thousands of dollars while she was acting as an attorney.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 9:04 am

Another sacrifice on the altar of the almighty dollar. You cant make a God of money and not expect this, and glorify wealth perpetually as a culture and not expect people to be tempted to rob each other.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 9:13 am

Envious. How many Aspies have millions to be cheated out of in the first place?

Anyway, glad justice was served.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 9:54 am

when you take advantage of someone especially posing as a professional , especially taking advantage of a disabled person . It is easy to understand , how the punishment for the crime of theft .Was cutting off of a persons hand came about . In other countries ..imho. Especially in this instance , of a prolonged process of theft .And manipulating a legal system to do it .

where ever you go ,there you are