Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

troubled
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Nov 2021, 6:51 pm

There’s a big football game and I’m thinking of taking some friends and getting us nice tickets. There are three types of people, I could take: (1) Good friends who do as much as they can to be a friend within limits because I’m not family; (2) old friends who aren’t really friends because I’ve had too many aspie freak outs in the past; (3) a girl I’m interested in.

Part of me says category 1 I don’t need to try to impress, category 2 I miss and really enjoyed the times we had but I’m not sure if it will make them start hanging with me again, and the category 3 I’ve never hung out with except in passing so I don’t know how to ask without ruining a chance to get with her in future compared to if I just played it cool.

The tickets wouldn’t be cheap, but I’ve got some cash to spend and enough in savings.

Thoughts?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 7:24 pm

troubled wrote:
There’s a big football game and I’m thinking of taking some friends and getting us nice tickets. There are three types of people, I could take: (1) Good friends who do as much as they can to be a friend within limits because I’m not family; (2) old friends who aren’t really friends because I’ve had too many aspie freak outs in the past; (3) a girl I’m interested in.

Part of me says category 1 I don’t need to try to impress, category 2 I miss and really enjoyed the times we had but I’m not sure if it will make them start hanging with me again, and the category 3 I’ve never hung out with except in passing so I don’t know how to ask without ruining a chance to get with her in future compared to if I just played it cool.

The tickets wouldn’t be cheap, but I’ve got some cash to spend and enough in savings.

Thoughts?

I'd say the first category seems like the safest bet.

The second category seems less likely to appreciate it, they might take you up on the offer but might not be so keen on restoring the friendship. Like you cannot buy back friendship I don't think, if someone has distanced them self from you.

As for the girl you like buying an expensive ticket for her might be a lot for a first date. So may be better to ask her to something more casual at first better to save a big date like that for if she continues dating you.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 7:43 pm

#1.

#3 might work out okay, but maybe not, too.

#2. don't bother with these people. they are not friends.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2021, 9:30 am

I agree with Sweetleaf, but I'd like to ad that you should consider what these people think about football. Do they like watching the games? If not, then it's a waste to buy them tickets. If some of your options don't even like watching the games, I'd say you should automatically cut them out of options and find some other way to spend time with them if you want.