Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

BugsBunnyFan
Raven
Raven

21 Nov 2021, 8:19 pm

I used to post here a lot. Some people here might remember me. I still see some familiar faces. I had to stop posting because of a stalker, so I can’t say who I was. Right now my special interest is studying Hebrew. It’s been a special interest for several years now. I’ve only been really working hard at it for about two years or so. I’ve also had a budding interest in machine learning for a few years.

That interest is getting pretty intense as well. I’ve been trying to cultivate a special interest in computer science and programming in general, so I can have a career in it. I don’t see Hebrew leading to any careers.

nadhirfinna
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Nov 2021, 2:34 am

Hi! Welcome back! I am new here, but it’s good to hear you feel comfortable enough to enjoy posting here again. I am sorry to hear what happened, it sounds scary. I hope you can feel safe. It’s actually quite good you have an interest in computer science too. :wink:

I think that’s interesting! (mind the pun, haha) I personally like Python and you can actually get some programming apps for mobile devices too.

I personally like more eastern languages, they’re beautiful! Languages like Thai, Nepalese and Sinhalese! I am open to more languages too.

BugsBunnyFan
Raven
Raven

22 Nov 2021, 8:21 am

nadhirfinna wrote:
Hi! Welcome back! I am new here, but it’s good to hear you feel comfortable enough to enjoy posting here again. I am sorry to hear what happened, it sounds scary. I hope you can feel safe. It’s actually quite good you have an interest in computer science too. :wink:

I think that’s interesting! (mind the pun, haha) I personally like Python and you can actually get some programming apps for mobile devices too.

I personally like more eastern languages, they’re beautiful! Languages like Thai, Nepalese and Sinhalese! I am open to more languages too.

I think I’ve changed enough that he might not recognize me or be searching for me here anymore. You can never be too sure with stalkers. They’re often dormant for a long time and suddenly pop up.

I’ve been learning Python on and off and still finding it challenging. I’ve been taking a break from it for a few months and I’ve recently just been watching easy to understand computer science videos on YouTube to get more motivated again. When I’m less busy I’ll probably see if I can get started on some projects.

With the languages I’m interested in I guess I can never say never. I’ve always been more interested European languages and never thought I would be into learning Hebrew. I got into Hebrew when I got interested in Judaism. I find the interest in a culture usually comes first. I didn’t actually like the way Hebrew sounded at first, but I was interested enough to keep on studying. Now I’m pretty used to how it sounds.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2021, 8:42 am

Welcome back.

I should probably study a language with 16 or more inflections.

BugsBunnyFan
Raven
Raven

22 Nov 2021, 9:01 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Welcome back.

I should probably study a language with 16 or more inflections.

Like Finnish? I might study Finnish one day, but I prefer to study one language at a time.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2021, 11:07 am

Welcome back! It's nice when people who've left WP choose to return.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2021, 4:02 pm

Welcome back to Wrong Planet! :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 12:27 am

Welcome back! :mrgreen: