How do I get a JOB if no one looks at my resume?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

mjb4321
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Nov 2021, 8:01 pm

I have a problem where no employer's in my area look at my resume, plus I also somewhat do poorly at job interviews.
I also lack good transportation options and rely on the bus system. Meaning I don't own a drivers license nor do I own a car.
I got diagnosed with psychosis somehow along ASD. So I'm stuck as an outpatient at a mental hospital. So that means that I supposed to take antipsychotic drugs (only abilify maintena 300mg - slow release).
Plus I live on my own, but have to still deal with narcissist parents who really don't care about me/family that hates you/divorced family.
Most my income comes from ODSP/GST/HST.

Most of all it's frustrating my parents at most - mother.

That's my story.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 2:08 am

mjb4321 wrote:
I have a problem where no employer's in my area look at my resume, plus I also somewhat do poorly at job interviews.
I also lack good transportation options and rely on the bus system. Meaning I don't own a drivers license nor do I own a car.
I got diagnosed with psychosis somehow along ASD. So I'm stuck as an outpatient at a mental hospital. So that means that I supposed to take antipsychotic drugs (only abilify maintena 300mg - slow release).
Plus I live on my own, but have to still deal with narcissist parents who really don't care about me/family that hates you/divorced family.
Most my income comes from ODSP/GST/HST.

Most of all it's frustrating my parents at most - mother.

That's my story.

maybe apply for a job at walmart or a gas station or truck stop `or mcdonalds or starbucks or home depot or lowes or any fast food place and volunteer and do internships.I would spend some time out in the community going places because people have randomly offered me jobs in public so that could possibly work for u.You could start out at Goodwill so you can build your resume.
You could be a tradesmen so you could earn a living.I would spend as much time as possible trying to network because "its not about what you know its about who you know."Maybe work on a farm and/or ranch.I would consult with your state job vocational place.I would apply to stadiums so u can work concessions.I would read "how to win friends and influence people" to help you get a job.Try to get to know someone at said companies on a personal level so they can put in a good word for you.I would get a bachelor's degree if at all possible so you can have the best chance at the middle class.I would pay for more reliable transporation like uber or a taxi service or strongly consider getting your license and buying a small cheap toyota corolla in good working order that has at least 300,000 miles.

mjb4321
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Nov 2021, 12:54 pm

That's kinda hard if you have only odsp as income and gst tax credit, plus hst tax credit as well. Only saying that's the issue.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 1:41 pm

Try working through a temp agency.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 2:06 pm

mjb4321 wrote:
That's kinda hard if you have only odsp as income and gst tax credit, plus hst tax credit as well. Only saying that's the issue.

Okay fair enough whats odsp?Maybe you could try contacting your governments vocational agency for the disabled

mjb4321
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Nov 2021, 2:28 pm

Ontario disability support program.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 2:15 am

mjb4321 wrote:
Ontario disability support program.

Oh okay do they have Goodwill in Ontario because I know in the US they put people in pretty much guarenteed work in a sheltered work place.Or at least thats what I heard on the news.Goodwill may arrange for transporatation but idk for sure though.I dont know what the wage laws are in Ontario and Canada.I dont think people will look at our resumes prolly so maybe focus on some other way you generate income because I know that they would throw out my resume and I am college educated.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 3:36 am

What about cleaning jobs? I struggled to find work when I first started looking an found a job cleaning a local shop. It was ideal for me. A couple of hours every morning, no contact with people and it gave me some financial freedom. It wasn't much, but it helped me get my foot in the door.