Delta variant mutating into extinction?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 6:18 am

https://au.news.yahoo.com/delta-virus-may-have-died-natural-extinction-japan-expert-042040933.html

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 6:22 am

Wouldn't that be nice? It isn't dead around here yet, though.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 6:32 am

Why do you get all your news from Yahoo! News?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 5:55 pm

Not the first time a manmade natural virus has died out. 8)

If True, the irony for those worried about the virus mutating into something more dangerous.
If True, had the alpha strain not mutated, we wouldn't have the delta strain which is dying out. :mrgreen:

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 6:24 pm

Assuming the theory is true, it is worth remembering that it only applies to Island nation of Japan. The virus is under going different mutations elsewhere. The virus is, like any other living thing, mutating in hopes of increasing its own survival. Some attempts succeed, others fail.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 8:45 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Assuming the theory is true, it is worth remembering that it only applies to Island nation of Japan. The virus is under going different mutations elsewhere. The virus is, like any other living thing, mutating in hopes of increasing its own survival. Some attempts succeed, others fail.

My assumption was it could replicate the situation elsewhere.
As I mentioned, there has been a precedent of viruses mutating themselves out of existence, or becoming benign, so I have heard.
This faulty reproduction, however, is new to me.

Whatever.
I hope the Covid Viruse *ucks itself into oblivion, but I won't hold my breath.
I'll wear a mask, instead. :mrgreen:

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 5:02 am

smudge wrote:
Why do you get all your news from Yahoo! News?

Because of all the Pulitzers it's won.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 5:10 am

Good news if true.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 5:40 am

There's good and bad news here.

The good news is, the Delta variant might be self-limiting (in Japan at least, but that opens up the possibility it'll also implode elsewhere).

On the other hand it might develop in other ways instead, in other Countries.

If it does die out, that also leaves room for other variants to flourish where they wouldn't have done so before.

My prediction remains unchanged. As vaccination and natural exposure / immunity increase, the wider threat will diminish but it'll remain dangerous for the elderly and those with other health issues. So it'll gradually turn into another Flu-like bug that's an annoyance for most folk but will require annual boosters for the extra vulnerable.

I'm not sure we're safely into the stage where it's ONLY a threat to the elderly and seriously unwell just yet, though. So extra hand washing, social distancing and the wearing of masks is likely to continue for a while yet. Or at least remain a good idea, whether Governments are enforcing it or not.

I must say it's getting pretty scary again here now, as so many people seem to have given up obeying safety measures. I predict a big spike as a result of Christmas shopping, parties, family reunions etc.

So the Yahoo article is encouraging but I don't think we're out of the woods just yet.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 1:26 pm

Redd_Kross wrote:
There's good and bad news here.

The good news is, the Delta variant might be self-limiting (in Japan at least, but that opens up the possibility it'll also implode elsewhere).

On the other hand it might develop in other ways instead, in other Countries.

If it does die out, that also leaves room for other variants to flourish where they wouldn't have done so before.

My prediction remains unchanged. As vaccination and natural exposure / immunity increase, the wider threat will diminish but it'll remain dangerous for the elderly and those with other health issues. So it'll gradually turn into another Flu-like bug that's an annoyance for most folk but will require annual boosters for the extra vulnerable.

I'm not sure we're safely into the stage where it's ONLY a threat to the elderly and seriously unwell just yet, though. So extra hand washing, social distancing and the wearing of masks is likely to continue for a while yet. Or at least remain a good idea, whether Governments are enforcing it or not.

I must say it's getting pretty scary again here now, as so many people seem to have given up obeying safety measures. I predict a big spike as a result of Christmas shopping, parties, family reunions etc.

So the Yahoo article is encouraging but I don't think we're out of the woods just yet.

Most non-political medical scientists believe in the possibility, if not the probability that the Wuhan virus was manmade.
Assuming this is the case, is it possible it was designed to specifically target older people with the porpoise purpose of population control? :scratch:

Simply speculating. 8)