“Fan” Rittenhouse meets with Trump

Page 6 of 8 [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 10:18 pm

Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
I'm not even surprised he was a Trump supporter, now I can say he is a Trump lover.

Why *would* you be surprised?
Trump supported him while Biden painted him as a White Supremacist. 8)

He attended a protest about civil rights to fight against it. He is either a white supremist or a very naïve teenager because anyone would know that if you go to a black protest to protest against it, it will be a racist thing to do. I also read he has attended the Bad Boys as well and that is something Trump lovers would support and they are also against civil rights and against BLM so I am not surprised he also supports Trump. Just a pattern I have always seen with Trump supporters.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 11:06 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
I'm not even surprised he was a Trump supporter, now I can say he is a Trump lover.

Why *would* you be surprised?
Trump supported him while Biden painted him as a White Supremacist. 8)

He attended a protest about civil rights to fight against it.

There is video evidence of him saying he was there to protect property and give medical support.
He was chased down, ***while trying to escape his attackers***.
It would help if you were more interested in the facts. 8)

League_Girl wrote:
He is either a white supremist or a very naïve teenager

Ah, yes, the legendary "binarism" from the left. 8)
Perhaps he was in favour of law & order?
Perhaps he has conservative views?
That doesn't make him a fascist. :scratch:

Firstly, change your stupid gun laws, Republicans.
Secondly, stop your violent protests, Democrats.
It ain't rocket surgery.
Even an old skunk can see this. 8)

League_Girl wrote:
because anyone would know that if you go to a black protest to protest against it, it will be a racist thing to do.

Erm, no.
See above. 8)

League_Girl wrote:
I also read he has attended the Bad Boys as well and that is something Trump lovers would support and they are also against civil rights and against BLM so I am not surprised he also supports Trump. Just a pattern I have always seen with Trump supporters.

There is zero evidence, to date, that he had any affiliation with the Proud Boys or any White Supremacist group.
Would he be grateful for the financial assistance from people who helped him avoid spending his entire life in gaol?
What do you think? 8)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 12:16 am

Pepe wrote:
There is video evidence of him saying he was there to protect property and give medical support.
)

Yeah right, and pigs can fly pepe
https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updat ... al-militia

You are doing mental gymnastics where none is necessary, Rittenhouse has never once in his life tweeted, posted or declared support for BLM or civil rights. The night after the Kenosha shooting he and his mommy spent the night deleting social media posts that tied him to far right groups.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 1:14 am

Quote:

That is what he says and are you seriously telling me you believe everything people say about their actions?

He was either naive or a white supremist because he wouldn't have put himself in that situation in the first place if he weren't naïve unless he is a white suprimist.

Quote:

And that wouldn't have happened if he had stayed home and I think this is why all charges were dropped on him because he never really committed a true crime other than carrying firearm under the age.

Quote:

Ah I see so anyone who has a different opinion than you doesn't know the facts. Thanks you for reminding me why I had stopped engaging with you months back because all you do is resort to subtle insults and act all superior thinking you are always right and everyone else is wrong and ignores facts when they have a different opinion than you.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 1:28 am

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
)

Yeah right, and pigs can fly pepe
https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updat ... al-militia

You are doing mental gymnastics where none is necessary, Rittenhouse has never once in his life tweeted, posted or declared support for BLM or civil rights. The night after the Kenosha shooting he and his mommy spent the night deleting social media posts that tied him to far right groups.

I support law & order, too.
Therefore, I must be a White Supremacist?
Damn, I wish someone would have told me! 8O :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

BTW, Weren't we talking about Kyle being or not being a White Supremacist? :scratch:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 2:50 am

People are capable of holding disparate beliefs. But in Kyle's case there is a certain amount of disbelief in his claims given his past allegiances and his "sudden" need to clarify he's not racist.

And to those towing the line he was there to "give medical assistance" to everyone including BLM then why did he bring a loaded weapon (I mean that's a massive red flag) and he was recorded saying this
https://news.yahoo.com/kyle-rittenhouse ... z4-9E4kV8m

The level of BS at the moment is getting to a record high

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 2:55 am

Pepe wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Meanwhile…..three men in Georgia (in the South) were convicted of murder within a vigilante action—by a jury of 11 white people and one black person. This would probably not have happened even 10 years ago.

The verdict was a no-brainer. 8)

The defendants obviously didn’t think so, or they would have destroyed, not released, that cell phone video. The video was released in order to ramp down local chatter against them, on an assumption it would provide clear vindication, that everyone would see the man running through the neighborhood as a threat. They weren’t being charged at that point, just dealing with gossip. Talk about a miscalculation. And talk about not seeing one’s own racial biases.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 2:57 am

cyberdad wrote:
You mean Bill Burr? or are you attacking me as usual?

Oh, definitely you, Bill Burr is great, I laugh at his routines almost as much as I laugh at your posts.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 3:00 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
The defendants obviously didn’t think so, or they would have destroyed, not released, that cell phone video. The video was released in order to ramp down local chatter against them, on an assumption it would provide clear vindication, that everyone would see the man running through the neighborhood as a threat. They weren’t being charged at that point, just dealing with gossip. Talk about a miscalculation. And talk about not seeing one’s own racial biases.

I think it was just the one, the guy who took the video, and clearly this is going to go down as the legal mistake of the decade, they had literally gotten away with it until that tape dropped. Like I said in the other thread, I'll be watching the case against the prosecutor who tried to bury it, that's the interesting part for me.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 3:14 am

League_Girl wrote:
Quote:

That is what he says and are you seriously telling me you believe everything people say about their actions?

He was either naive or a white supremist because he wouldn't have put himself in that situation in the first place if he weren't naïve unless he is a white suprimist.

I’m no fan of the teen, but the simple explanation for why he was there was, to me, teenage boredom and hubris. He wanted to eventually enter law enforcement, if I recall correctly, and thought he could help protect property (safety in numbers). I think it was foolish of him to believe he could, but that kind of energetic hubris is common with 17 year old boys. Remember that during summer 2020 teens were bored out of their minds, most everything still cancelled due to the pandemic. Too much time to digest news and media images and no other place to put all his teen boy energy. It’s the simple and obvious explanation to me, and I blame his parents for not stopping him. Totally agree that he should never, ever have put himself in that situation. Two lives were lost because he went there. Still, Ive seen no good evidence he was or has become a white supremacist, although it feels like the public is practically pushing him into it with the assumptions. If we don’t want others to judge based on superficial factors, we shouldn’t do it, either.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 3:22 am

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

I think it was just the one, the guy who took the video, and clearly this is going to go down as the legal mistake of the decade, they had literally gotten away with it until that tape dropped. Like I said in the other thread, I'll be watching the case against the prosecutor who tried to bury it, that's the interesting part for me.

Just the one, correct. I was lazy in continuing with the “they.”

I am glad the video existed and the right result was reached, but my parenting brain that believes in clear instructions and predictable consequences feels a tinge sorry for these men being so locked into their own ideological bubble that they didn’t seem to think they did anything wrong. The lawyer who released the tape was as misguided as they were.

Any chance the case will be the wake up call some people need, or will it just push the divide wider?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 3:42 am

DW_a_mom wrote:

I am glad the video existed and the right result was reached, but my parenting brain that believes in clear instructions and predictable consequences feels a tinge sorry for these men being so locked into their own ideological bubble that they didn’t seem to think they did anything wrong. The lawyer who released the tape was as misguided as they were.

Any chance the case will be the wake up call some people need, or will it just push the divide wider?

Remember that one of the men was a cop and the one one who actually did the shooting was his son, they tend to view the world a little differently than most, an aspect of the case that I don't think is getting enough attention. Broad daylight race murders are pretty rare in this day and age, but cops shooting people under questionable circumstances and just expecting to get away with it are a dime a dozen because they usually do.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 4:23 am

Dox47 wrote:
cops shooting people under questionable circumstances and just expecting to get away with it are a dime a dozen because they usually do.

Yes they are a rather crafty with avoiding scrutiny like the old days
https://www.wired.com/story/body-camera ... rge-floyd/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 4:50 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’m worried that Trump will use him as a symbol for what he believes in. That white supremacists will rally around his symbolism.

Done and Done

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 5:19 am

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

Remember that one of the men was a cop and the one one who actually did the shooting was his son, they tend to view the world a little differently than most, an aspect of the case that I don't think is getting enough attention. Broad daylight race murders are pretty rare in this day and age, but cops shooting people under questionable circumstances and just expecting to get away with it are a dime a dozen because they usually do.

Point

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 2:49 pm

cyberdad wrote:
People are capable of holding disparate beliefs. But in Kyle's case there is a certain amount of disbelief in his claims given his past allegiances and his "sudden" need to clarify he's not racist.

And to those towing the line he was there to "give medical assistance" to everyone including BLM then why did he bring a loaded weapon (I mean that's a massive red flag) and he was recorded saying this
https://news.yahoo.com/kyle-rittenhouse ... z4-9E4kV8m

The level of BS at the moment is getting to a record high

In the video before the incident, he said he brought it for protection.
It was unfortunate for all concerned that he met someone who was just released for attempting suicide.

As a qualified amateur psychiatrist <joke>, I believe in the possibility that Rosenbaum's mindset was a contributing factor in the unfortunate exchange leading to the tragedy.
Just my brilliant opinion, however. 8)