“Fan” Rittenhouse meets with Trump

Page 1 of 8 [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 1:16 pm

Trump says Rittenhouse met with him in Florida

Quote:
Former President Trump said in an interview late Tuesday that he met with Kyle Rittenhouse in Florida just days after the 18-year-old was acquitted of all charges in the fatal shooting of two protesters and the wounding of a third during demonstrations in Kenosha, Wis., last summer.

Trump told Fox News’s Sean Hannity that Rittenhouse had left his Mar-a-Lago estate “a little while ago” after asking to come visit the former president in Florida. Trump said Rittenhouse traveled to the club with his mother.

“I have to say Kyle — Kyle I got to know him a little bit. He called. He wanted to know if he could come over and say hello because he was a fan, unlike the other guy. He came over with his mother, really a nice young man and what he went through, he should — that was prosecutorial misconduct,” Trump told Hannity.

How did he get Trump’s number?

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 1:22 pm

I'm sure Trump sees this as an excellent propaganda opportunity.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 2:27 pm

Rittenhouse meeting Trump is like Judas meeting Caiaphas.

I wonder how many pieces of silver changed hands.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 3:16 pm

Trump has found himself a "symbol" for his brand of idiocy.

Rittenhouse should have been found guilty of SOMETHING....Only on a technicality was he not convicted of the possession of a deadly weapon by a minor.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 4:14 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Trump says Rittenhouse met with him in Florida
Quote:
Former President Trump said in an interview late Tuesday that he met with Kyle Rittenhouse in Florida just days after the 18-year-old was acquitted of all charges in the fatal shooting of two protesters and the wounding of a third during demonstrations in Kenosha, Wis., last summer.

Trump told Fox News’s Sean Hannity that Rittenhouse had left his Mar-a-Lago estate “a little while ago” after asking to come visit the former president in Florida. Trump said Rittenhouse traveled to the club with his mother.

“I have to say Kyle — Kyle I got to know him a little bit. He called. He wanted to know if he could come over and say hello because he was a fan, unlike the other guy. He came over with his mother, really a nice young man and what he went through, he should — that was prosecutorial misconduct,” Trump told Hannity.

How did he get Trump’s number?

That's a good question. Maybe IMO, "Pumpkin" was watching the entire trial of Rittenhouse from the sides as if it was funny and entertaining to him.

But calling Kyle Rittenhouse "a nice young man?" b***h, please! :x

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 4:20 pm

Their respective publicists probably arranged it.

I really hate how the right is using and influencing Rittenhouse. Makes me wonder if it would have been better for him to never have been charged at all.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 4:27 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
... I really hate how the right is using and influencing Rittenhouse...
I suspect the GOP is grooming KR -- for what, I cannot even speculate ...

... although he does remind me of a young Lee Harvey Oswald ...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 5:29 pm

Fnord wrote:
... although he does remind me of a young Lee Harvey Oswald ...[/color]

For his sake he better hope there isn't a Jack Ruby waiting for him as well.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 5:31 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Makes me wonder if it would have been better for him to never have been charged at all.

What if Rosenbaum or Huber had been your son? would you say that then.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 6:10 pm

cyberdad wrote:
For his sake he better hope there isn't a Jack Ruby waiting for him as well.

Because that worked out so well before? He just needs three more kills to make ace.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 6:12 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Makes me wonder if it would have been better for him to never have been charged at all.

He should never have been charged based on the evidence, I said as much from the beginning, and even the state's charging documents read more like a clearing statement. The entire prosecution was political from the start, so if you don't like the ending, you have only your fellow liberals to blame.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 6:13 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Rittenhouse should have been found guilty of SOMETHING....Only on a technicality was he not convicted of the possession of a deadly weapon by a minor.

"Technicality"? You mean the fact that the law as written clearly did not apply to him? You seem to think they should have made something up, is that really what you're saying?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 6:43 pm

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

He should never have been charged based on the evidence, I said as much from the beginning, and even the state's charging documents read more like a clearing statement. The entire prosecution was political from the start, so if you don't like the ending, you have only your fellow liberals to blame.

I'll give credit to Mark Richards, he's a very good defense lawyer. Dotted his Is and crossed his ts. He also coached Rittenhouse well.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 7:20 pm

Look. He was acquitted. I don't begrudge that he was acquitted. He was acquitted by a jury of his peers after four days of deliberations.

It's ridiculous to suppose that I wish they had "made something up." I wouldn't want that to happen to me!

But he still shouldn't have gone to Kenosha with that gun.

Yes, I do believe Rittenhouse will be used by Trump as sort of a "poster boy."

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 7:45 pm

I think the trial was staged. This is in fact an Occam's Razor explanation as it's the simplest theory that explains what happened. As to how, I can see how Scott Walker could have made it happen. He has the wherewithal and the motivation.

TwisterUprocker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Nov 2021, 8:21 pm

cyberdad wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

What if Rosenbaum or Huber had been your son? would you say that then.

A son who threatened my mother?