Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 2:53 pm

Quote:
The phrase "some people" does not mean "everyone".

Please pay better attention to what is actually being said.

Off-topic, but I too get irritated when you clearly use key words and then other posters ignore them and your whole post gets misinterpreted and you find yourself having to correct them. I always try to notice the keywords before flapping my jaw.

OK, back on topic again...

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 4:11 pm

Get better soon and keep us updated!

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2021, 2:17 am

QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Are you vaccinated?

No. And I have absolutely no regrets about it.

My only regret is that I continued going to the Messianic church after hearing of pastors son getting positive covid results. I should have started going to a different Messianic church that is also here in town. I didn't. So thats the one regret that I have.

Im confused, why did you run when pastors son got covid results?

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2021, 2:30 am

The_Znof wrote:
QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Are you vaccinated?

No. And I have absolutely no regrets about it.

My only regret is that I continued going to the Messianic church after hearing of pastors son getting positive covid results. I should have started going to a different Messianic church that is also here in town. I didn't. So thats the one regret that I have.

Im confused, why did you run when pastors son got covid results?

Because nobody else ran, so I figured that they all figured its safe. One reason they might have thought its safe is because the pastor gets tested every week, which he mentioned on the same conversation as when he said about his son's results. But again on my own I wouldn't have thought its safe. I basically relied on other people's behavior.

Besides, back in the end of August, the guy that leads Bible study on campus (who has nothing to do with that church) also told me his kid had covid (don't remember if it was son or daughter). I kept going to Bible study (again, because everyone else did, plus he also said he tested every week) and nothing happened.

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2021, 5:32 am

QFT wrote:
I got positive COVID test. It feels like a bad cold basically. Just a stuffy nose. Not lungs, just nose. But stuffy nose always feels bad, even though I certainly won't trade it for lung problems.

I also have a mild fever, basically going back and forth between 37.2 and 37.7 celsium. Yesterday this fever gave me chills and headache, but today I don't have that any more. Perhaps turning on the heater helped.

So I know I have some company here on Wrongplanet. Kraftie had COVID a long time ago. Also there was one other member who had it too (don't remember her name). I am sure there were more people?

I am not vaccinated, nor was I sick since March 2020. Many colleagues at work were tested positief with varying symptoms. Some have a temporary disorder in tasting en smelling (not giving an odour, but the ability to smell something) and no other symptoms. In September 2020 I was pretty ill: headache, having not any energy, sneezing, coughing, short of breath. I thought: Now it's my turn to have COVID. I got tested but... it was negative, no COVID. After a few days I recovered. I was sicker than three colleagues who tested positive but were less sick than I was.

I wonder why I don't get sick. I refuse the vaccine (I won't ever get it, no matter what), but why don't I get sick??? Am I immune to COVID, of had I COVID without having noticed it? I am a 55 years old male, slightly overweighted, but my lungs are 1,14 bigger than those of an average man of my age.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2021, 6:12 am

hmk66 wrote:
I wonder why I don't get sick. I refuse the vaccine (I won't ever get it, no matter what), but why don't I get sick??? Am I immune to COVID, of had I COVID without having noticed it?

It's possible the test you took was a false negative. A lot of people who are certain they have Covid get tested and come back negative, only to try again and get a positive.
The rapid test is especially notorious for false negatives, which is unfortunate, because most people don't like to wait that long to find out if they need to quarantine or not.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2021, 6:26 am

Covid 0-1 Me; I hope to keep it this way. fingers crossed.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 7:36 pm

As an update, my cold symptoms are gone, but I can't smell anything. As far as taste, yes I can taste things but milder than they really taste. But as far as smell I literally can't smell anything at all. Its just totally gone. To those of you who had covid how long did it take for you to get your taste and smell back.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 7:52 pm

QFT wrote:
To those of you who had covid how long did it take for you to get your taste and smell back.

I got lucky and, as far as I know, never lost my smell or taste.

The main Long Haul support group I'm in, people are going on 20+ months, and I'm still seeing people post about not being able to smell or taste...sometimes they'll say it comes back, or it comes and goes, or they get phantom smells (smoke is common), or their food tastes like chemicals...

I've seen a couple people mention something about burnt orange peel as a remedy, I think? I've never clicked on it, so I'm not sure what it's about.

Yeah, do a Web search for "covid burnt orange", there's a ton of results.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 4:27 am

Well, one thing that COVID did to me is that my insomnia was gone. I couldn't stay awake at night even if I wanted to. Well, right now insomnia is back. Here I am, sitting at 2:30 am, and working on my paper. I am actually happy about my insomnia. It means I am recovering :)

I still haven't recovered my smell though. But I feel healthy otherwise. Which is something I couldn't have said two days ago. Two days ago it was horrible, I was losing hearing and I thought I was having stroke (until the uni doctor told me that its not stroke just ear channel). Well, right now it is all gone. I feel as healthy as before.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 4:29 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
QFT wrote:
As a matter of fact right now I wish I could go running. Too bad my dorm makes me sit in my room so that I won't infect anyone.

That's a really bad idea, actually. One of the current theories is that exercise causes the Coronavirus to circulate through the body better and cause more damage, which explains why so many Long Haulers were extremely healthy and physically active prior to catching Covid. (something like that anyway, I just woke up and didn't get much sleep)
People who take time off work and get plenty of rest are more likely to shake it off.
I don't remember taking any time off work while I was sick.

So I followed your advice and I wasn't running -- even though my carantine was over almost a week ago.

Now, here is the question: when will I finally be able to run, without increasing the risk of being long hauler?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 6:16 am

QFT wrote:
Well, one thing that COVID did to me is that my insomnia was gone. I couldn't stay awake at night even if I wanted to.

I don't remember about the acute Covid, but Long Covid definitely made my insomnia worse.

I forget the exact term for it, but I get a lot more of the "can't stay asleep" variety.

QFT wrote:
Now, here is the question: when will I finally be able to run, without increasing the risk of being long hauler?

Good question, I don't know the answer. As far as I know, they're still doing studies on it...most of the stuff I read is on how to treat Long Covid, not how to prevent it (because the media doesn't really care).

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 9:43 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I don't remember about the acute Covid, but Long Covid definitely made my insomnia worse.

In my case it was the opposite: Covid got rid of my insomnia for a while. And right now I am basically returning to my insomnia pre-covid rather than developing any new one.

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I forget the exact term for it, but I get a lot more of the "can't stay asleep" variety.

I had a combination of both varieties. Although again I had both of them pre-covid. Then covid got rid of them. And then post-covid they seem to return back to where they used to be.

SabbraCadabra wrote:
QFT wrote:

Good question, I don't know the answer. As far as I know, they're still doing studies on it...most of the stuff I read is on how to treat Long Covid, not how to prevent it (because the media doesn't really care).

As far as "doesn't really care" part, thats what it seems to me as well. When I asked university doctor about it, her answer was: "if a month from now you see you have long covid, then come back". But why is it she doesn't want to prevent it?

So if media cares about curing the long covid but not about preventing it, what are their motives? Do they want to get money for the treatment that they wouldn't get if it was prevented?

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2021, 2:14 pm

Update: a week or two ago I realized I can finally smell too. So I guess as of now I don't really feel any consequences of covid any more. Pretty much I feel the way I usually felt before I had it.

Although of course if you say that consequences of covid can come months down the road without warning thats a different question. I was actually trying to get my doctor go give me lung scan and/or brain scan. But she refused to do either. She just measured my oxygen and said it was 97, she also did that test where she attaches sensors to my body to measure the heart, and said it was normal too, and then she refused to test anything beyond that.

She did those tests 3 weeks ago, back at the time when I still had some symptoms.