Passing as NT, but living an aspie life

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

BugsBunnyFan
Raven
Raven

25 Nov 2021, 6:27 pm

AngelL wrote:
BugsBunnyFan wrote:
I can usually pass as NT now and I’m really happy about that.

If you don't mind discussing it, may I ask why passing as an NT brings you happiness? If I choose, I can appear NT 100% of the time, but I have no interest in doing so.

I just get more energy from interactions when people think I’m NT. They just flow better. It also makes me feel more accomplished. I kind of feel like a failure when I don’t come across as NT. Some days I just feel too sh***y to act NT. When I’m having those days I try to not draw attention to myself. Sadly acting non-NT draws more attention to me. The hard part is I know what I’m doing wrong, but I don’t have the energy to change it. It’s even worse when people smile at me and act weirdly friendly. I always reject those people because I know they’ll never see me as normal. I do appreciate attention when people notice things that are normal about me, but sadly that never happens.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 6:44 pm

AngelL wrote:
What is it about passing for an NT that brings you happiness?

I never tried to act like everybody else. I was always indifferent. I'm not comfortable with mainstream ways. My intellect makes it hard to connect with the "average person". I always been a loner. Though when i do interact i can be quite talkative,at first. but i might misfire, or tire. I'm fairly socialized, but still there's something missing. I'm not at 'natural' as others. Though I certainly can Pass for NT undetected. I'm starting to sound like a Replicant from Blade Runner.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 12:22 am

AngelL wrote:
Me: "Hey, you want a beer?"
You: "No thanks, I don't drink."
NT: "How come?" - Because, of course, they'll ask...they're NT's. So, I have a ready response.
Me: "Actually, I'm allergic to alcohol."

Sometimes they'll stop here. If they do, I'm thrilled. They rarely do.

NT: "Omg, I've never heard of someone being allergic to alcohol. What happens when you drink?"
Me: "I break out in handcuffs - every time."

Here's the NT version of this conversation
Me: "Hey, you want a beer?"
You: "No thanks, I'm good"
NT: "How about a soda
Me: "Yeah sure"
NT: "Omg, this bar make's great mocktails"
Me: "yeah?" You wanna try one?
NT: Sure! My shout!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 12:50 am

theprisoner wrote:
That is why I embraced KFC, always felt diffrent...and so I felt I had more in common with Harland David Sanders . While still in my mcdonalds beliefs I figured I'd give my custom to the Colonel...figured I'd never be welcome in beneath the golden arches so may as well get in good with the kfc. Now I am a proper kentucky fried chicken devotee, but for the time I still believed mcdonalds might still be true...I chose i'd rather be finger Lickin' Good and go to kfc, than bow down to a ronald mcdonald, I'm not lovin that.

LIke you have to understand the hunger I had at the time, I was to belive accepting the any other fast food retail outlet was a indigestion sentence and so I was rejecting my happy meals in ronald mcdonald by accepting sanders, and I felt so sickend by the colon cancer risks of big mac I was fine with that.

Well i know ronald is a fictional clown and does not exist, but still a fun figure to have as a marketing symbol

Ok that is funny as hell, I have to give you that...ha ha seriously I am laughing hard enough to get tears over it. But I still will never accept Jesus...hail satan! and all that.

And idk maybe hell does have finger licken good chicken, but fire flavor.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 2:53 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
And idk maybe hell does have finger licken good chicken, but fire flavor.

I think even satan would get bored after a couple of hundred years of burning souls and want a sea change.