I signed a Consensual Relationship Agreement, but...

Page 7 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 6:16 am

If it’s of that nature. No.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 11:50 am

kinda looks like that to me too. Still feels one sided. :|

where ever you go ,there you are

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 4:48 pm

ironpony wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep. That would be harassment, and should it be reported, will get the perpetrator fired.

So employers are not afraid of a supervisor reporting harrassment still, even though it could happen, compared to a subordinate reporting it?

For goodness sakes, no. The only reason the company would be afraid is if the company does nothing about the harasser, and she leaves (or doesn’t leave) and then sues the company for unsafe workplace.

As I type those words I realize your next question will be what’s the difference? You know what the difference is, don’t be obtuse.

I suggest you enjoy your relationship while you can.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 9:19 pm

Sorry I do not mean to come off as obtuse. So if it's the subordinate, who is in less power than the supervisor, they want the subordinate to sign an agreement as a preemptive measure, and if a subordinate is harrassing a supervisor, those cases are crossed when those bridges come, with no preemptive measures then...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 11:40 pm

If you don’t grab her butt without her consent or whatever, you are not harassing her. So the “subordinate harassing the supervisor” shouldn’t be an issue.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 12:04 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
If you don’t grab her butt without her consent or whatever, you are not harassing her. So the “subordinate harassing the supervisor” shouldn’t be an issue.

That makes sense. So if a supervisor asks out a subordinate it is sexual harrassment cause it can be considered blackmail, unlike the other way around.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 7:50 am

It’s not blackmail.

If the “asking out” is not what the subordinate wants, it’s harassment. Especially if it persists after the subordinate says “no.”

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 7:41 pm

It’s just a silly contract … it may not be right but they may just want him to play ball with the companies wishes.?

where ever you go ,there you are

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 1:28 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It’s not blackmail.

If the “asking out” is not what the subordinate wants, it’s harassment. Especially if it persists after the subordinate says “no.”

But this is what I do not understand is if a subordinate asks out as superior and it's not what the superior wants and it keeps persisting, wouldn't that be harrassment too? But if it is, they didn't get her to sign one though.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 2:11 am

It's 2022, have you spoken with a lawyer yet?

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 2:14 am

Yes I sorry. The lawyer said that what I signed had no legal bairing, it was just something to scare me into not claiming any harrassment, he said.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 2:15 am

Yes I did, sorry. The lawyer said that what I signed had no legal bairing, it was just something to scare me into not claiming any harrassment, he said. But I am not more weary of what the company thinks of me and if they have a problem with me or have it in for me now.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 2:34 am

ironpony wrote:
Yes I sorry. The lawyer said that what I signed had no legal bairing, it was just something to scare me into not claiming any harrassment, he said.

Is there any consequences for you/your work?

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 2:35 am

Not so far, I just feel like they have a problem with me now since they got me to sign something compared to her. My friend says it's probably because I am the guy and being 'male-bashed' in the situation, but not sure.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 5:21 am

How is the relationship going, by the way?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 5:29 am

ironpony wrote:
Not so far, I just feel like they have a problem with me now since they got me to sign something compared to her. My friend says it's probably because I am the guy and being 'male-bashed' in the situation, but not sure.

In my experience organisations and/or companies do this sort of thing to protect themselves (not for your benefit). My best guess is that prior to your situation the company has dealt with sex harassment claims involving a male staffer. it may be an overreaction on their part in protecting them against some type of future risk.