I signed a Consensual Relationship Agreement, but...

Page 6 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 3:12 pm

Rexi wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Oh okay I see. Thanks. Should I be worried that they only made me sign it and not her though still?

All this time she didnt care about it to say its not true. Everyone knows, and she knows too. I guess she doesnt have to sign. But why dont you ask the boss or your lawyer about it?

It's not about being worried, it's about clearing the worry out if it exists. It's not unreasonable to be worried about this and pursue answers.

Oh okay. What do you mean all this time she didn't caare about it so say it's not true, exactly?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 3:21 pm

Yes. I would think that the concern would be for her, the supervisor, exploiting you. Except I would think that males are more likely do that with female subordinates, than the other way around. But they have to cover their bases.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2022, 12:51 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Yes. I would think that the concern would be for her, the supervisor, exploiting you. Except I would think that males are more likely do that with female subordinates, than the other way around. But they have to cover their bases.

Sorry for not understanding. Are you saying you feel my gf is exploiting me or my own supervisor?

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 10:45 am

ironpony wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Sorry for not understanding. Are you saying you feel my gf is exploiting me or my own supervisor?

Holy cow. For the last time, you are being asked to sign the waiver because they are afraid of you suing them.

They are afraid of (i) your girlfriend turning on you -- it's me, the valued and younger manager, or him, the older assembly line worker -- and the company having to terminate you, or (ii) the company terminating you for cause and you suing them for workplace harassment.

They don't need anything from her. They need it from you.

If you don't like that, sorry, it is what happens when you dip the pen in the company ink.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 3:26 pm

Oh yes for sure, I just wonder why thought I would be more of a problem then her, rather than get us both to sign.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 3:46 pm

ironpony wrote:
Oh yes for sure, I just wonder why thought I would be more of a problem then her, rather than get us both to sign.

Because if they terminate her over her relationship with you she would not have a case to sue the company.

If they terminate you over your relationship with you might have a case.

More than likely the only reason the company is willing to tolerate the two of you continuing your relationship is because you signed that waiver.

EDIT: don't worry about her. Worry about yourself.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 4:18 pm

rse92 wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Because if they terminate her over her relationship with you she would not have a case to sue the company.

More than likely the only reason the company is willing to tolerate the two of you continuing your relationship is because you signed that waiver.

Okay thank you for explaining. I want to worry about myself but in order to do, I don't understand why I have a case to sue compared to her and therefore I'm more of a threat. I feel all the whats have been explained to me, but not the why. The why is what I am not understanding compared to the whats, sorry.

The fact that there is some why I don't understand, as to why I am culpable but she is not has me worrying about myself more. Why is the company sue-able from me and not from her? It was said before because I am an assembly worker and she is a supervisor. But why is a supervisor unable to a sue but an assembly worker able to. If that is the why, I do understand why.

Is it because she is my superior and only subidorinates are allowed to sue? But why is that, if that's the case?

Last edited by ironpony on 04 Jan 2022, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 4:23 pm

Because you're a subordinate, and she's a supervisor.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 4:42 pm

ironpony wrote:
rse92 wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Okay thank you for explaining. I want to worry about myself but in order to do, I don't understand why I have a case to sue compared to her and therefore I'm more of a threat. I feel all the whats have been explained to me, but not the why. The why is what I am not understanding compared to the whats, sorry.

The fact that there is some why I don't understand, as to why I am culpable but she is not has me worrying about myself more. Why is the company sue-able from me and not from her? It was said before because I am an assembly worker and she is a supervisor. But why is a supervisor unable to a sue but an assembly worker able to. If that is the why, I do understand why.

Is it because she is my superior and only subidorinates are allowed to sue? But why is that, if that's the case?

You've been told why, by several folks here.

She is culpable and you are not. It is the exact opposite of what you think.

I will say if you think the company is looking at you suspiciously, its because they probably are.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 4:53 pm

Oh okay, but why am I not culpable? Is it because I am not a supervisor and she is? I guess what I don't understand is why are supervisors culpable but not subordinates? Are you saying that a supervisor can never be sexually harrassed in the workplace? I just don't see how supervisors cannot be sexually harrassed by subordinates.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2022, 8:01 am

Because a supervisor has power over a subordinate.

The only thing a subordinate can do is blackmail a supervisor by saying you are going to rat on that person.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2022, 9:44 am

ironpony wrote:
Oh okay, but why am I not culpable? Is it because I am not a supervisor and she is? I guess what I don't understand is why are supervisors culpable but not subordinates? Are you saying that a supervisor can never be sexually harrassed in the workplace? I just don't see how supervisors cannot be sexually harrassed by subordinates.

You are being intentionally obtuse. Forget it. You deserve what you may receive.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 1:32 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Because a supervisor has power over a subordinate.

The only thing a subordinate can do is blackmail a supervisor by saying you are going to rat on that person.

Oh okay, I just thought that it was possible for a subordinate to sexually harrass a supervisor, even though they do not have power still. For example if a subordinate were to ask a supervisor to have sex, or grab their butt, couldn't that count as sexual harrassment, even though the one with less power is doing it?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 1:47 am

i think your Company is just trying to cover their butt . also i do feel it is kind if prejudical .
but it is a step you company feels they need to take. So , am thinking i would not worry too much about it . but i would read it carefully .

where ever you go ,there you are

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 1:52 am

Yep. That would be harassment, and should it be reported, will get the perpetrator fired.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 1:54 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep. That would be harassment, and should it be reported, will get the perpetrator fired.

So employers are not afraid of a supervisor reporting harrassment still, even though it could happen, compared to a subordinate reporting it?