Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Nov 2021, 4:59 pm

I'm trying to feel calm but it feels impossible right now. It feels like I'm floating. It feels like I cant move my legs. I wonder if it's my new medication that I'm taking for depression. I take Celexa and Abilify.

I have only taken the new ones for 2 days. I hate feeling this way. Nothing feels real.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 5:24 pm

From hearing about it from friends who take "head meds" the new drugs could be the cause.

Others here may know ways to cope.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 5:32 pm

The decisions you make now and the in future are very important.
viewtopic.php?t=88431&p=1994942

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2021, 7:43 am

Crystal1414 wrote:
I'm trying to feel calm but it feels impossible right now. It feels like I'm floating. It feels like I cant move my legs. I wonder if it's my new medication that I'm taking for depression. I take Celexa and Abilify.

I have only taken the new ones for 2 days. I hate feeling this way. Nothing feels real.

I used to feel as though I was going to float away too. I don't know why.

My psychologist tried to teach me to imagine being in a nice place with nice people (either imagined or real). Or to tense all my muscles one at a time from the feet up and then relax them one at a time. This works fir me sometimes as it makes me aware of my body and helps me to forget about anything external.

Best of luck.

katzhutte
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Nov 2021, 8:22 am

Best grounding technique I was taught was to pick an object in view then describe it to yourself in your head as if you were describing it to someone who has never seen it before - you have to be very descriptive and creative