Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 9:04 pm

Bryan Adams is my fave musician, he was touring, I guess he wasn’t thinking when he went into the audience, he should not be up close to his fans. He got Covid for the second time.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 9:16 pm

So much for the obviously false claim that having COVID-19 once confers total immunity from the virus.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 9:41 pm

Fnord wrote:
So much for the obviously false claim that having COVID-19 once confers total immunity from the virus.

It could be false positive, Bryan went to the hospital for more tests. I would not be surprised, Bryan not only a musician, he’s a photographer too, he travels alot too.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 10:34 pm

I may have had it twice. I had pretty much the same symptoms with the same severity as when I had it six months earlier. The only real difference was that the first time, I had some disruption in my sense of smell for about six hours.

At the doctor's office, a nurse practitioner told me that I should get tested. By that time, I was pretty much over it so my response was that it wouldn't matter because I'd be out of isolation by the time the results got back. She told me that I'd have a mandatory minimum of ten days of isolation and didn't like it when I pointed out that under the CDC guidelines and the state guidelines, but that the rules were ten days after symptoms began and with a cessation of fever and improvement of symptoms. I had very minor symptoms and no fever so that the isolation would end 10 days after the first symptoms no matter when I was tested. She got rather irate about that.

The first time I had it, I was told by the local medical people that isolation would continue until I tested negative. I told the nurse that was wrong. So when I met the criteria for release according to the CDC and state guidelines, I contacted the state and told them that I was releasing myself from isolation according to their guidelines and they sent me an official letter affirming that I was no longer under isolation.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2021, 9:34 pm

I wonder if Covid will ever go away.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2021, 9:37 pm

We do know that people can get COVID-19 twice; that having it once doesn't guarantee you will not get it again.

Some people's careers require them to put themselves at risk. Best they can do is keep the risk as low as possible, but it never goes away.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 5:06 am

He caught it for ...you!

Like everything else he does!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 5:26 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
We do know that people can get COVID-19 twice; that having it once doesn't guarantee you will not get it again.

Some people's careers require them to put themselves at risk. Best they can do is keep the risk as low as possible, but it never goes away.

So...all of those picket signs are wrong?

Those signs protestors brandish that say "natural immunity is better"?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 7:26 am

Getting Covid or getting it again is one thing.

Ending up in the hospital or dead from it is another.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 2:53 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
So...all of those picket signs are wrong?  Those signs protestors brandish that say "natural immunity is better"?
Yes.

But that may be a moot point, considering that while trying to build up their "natural immunity", people die.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 2:57 pm

I hope he’s a-okay asap, for his sake foremost - But, Also mine.

I bought myself a solo ticket to go see his concert on New Years Eve. Both my brothers and their wives bought tickets in other sections as well. I’ve never seen him live and they were cheap cheap like $38 or something.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 5:32 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I wonder if Covid will ever go away.

With this new variant, IMO, not in the near-future.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 5:34 pm

It is hoped that the Omicron Variant will prove to be a milder condition, and that it overtakes the perhaps more serious Delta Variant.

Hopefully, future mutations will prove to be milder as COVID becomes less "novel" in nature.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 5:38 pm

I hope that Adams will be alright. But him, and Canada, have a lot to answer for unleashing his horrible music upon an unsuspecting world.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 7:14 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
I hope that Adams will be alright. But him, and Canada, have a lot to answer for unleashing his horrible music upon an unsuspecting world.

Wut? :?

It's good! 8)

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 1:48 am

goldfish21 wrote:
I hope he’s a-okay asap, for his sake foremost - But, Also mine.

I bought myself a solo ticket to go see his concert on New Years Eve. Both my brothers and their wives bought tickets in other sections as well. I’ve never seen him live and they were cheap cheap like $38 or something.

You like Bryan Adams, cool.