Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2021, 9:07 pm

Yep. NTs get disconcerted when their schedule is changed without advanced notice.

AngelL
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Nov 2021, 9:13 pm

person01 wrote:
AngelL wrote:
person01 wrote:
I am debating calling the number listed on the clinical notes stating they diagnosed me to find out if it’s a “official” diagnosis as it is listed on my clinical notes but anxiety is the only thing I see on my record. However, I feel this might be weird as this happened like 5 years ago at a university health center. I don’t want to come off as weird but I’m just curious if this constitutes an official diagnosis so that I could use it for accommodations on the work place etc. if ever need be. At this time I don’t need any accommodations. I function just fine but it might be nice to know I have access to those things if needed.

I don't know if it's an 'official' diagnosis or not but if someone was trying to write a post like they were on the autism spectrum - they couldn't have done better than this post you've written.

At the expense of sounding like a dummy. To clarify, you are saying that my post sounds like it is from someone who has autism? Correct? Not someone who is pretending to have autism?

You are correct. If one could diagnose from a post (one can't) I would have pegged you as autistic right away from that post. Just the very fact that you're afraid that you might come off as weird. Neurotypical folks would know whether asking is going to make them come across as weird. Autistic folks wonder and worry about it.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2021, 10:40 pm

person01 wrote:
I function really well. I mean have no friends and suck at conversing with people I don’t know but I am very “NT” with my wife and I have a good facade at work. However, my biggest issue is I hate my job and I get very frustrated and aggravated when they adjust my schedule after my day has already began. This could be a totally normal thing that everyone does though.
It doesn't matter how others would react to the same thing. The only thing you can affect is how you react.

At 28 I had a stressful job. Over subsequent years sometimes it was good, sometimes it was bad...mostly bad.

But the goal is retirement. I maneuvered my way to retirement at age 56 and I am much, much happier now.

Play the long game.

ronglxy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Nov 2021, 1:27 pm

I'm not trying to be cute or funny; but I feel everything and most everyone around and about me if FAKE!

person01
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Nov 2021, 11:29 am

Unfortunately I was unable to obtain any useful information from the university regarding the diagnosis is ASD. However, I did find a contact email address for my previous physician at the university who worked in conjunction with the psychologist. I emailed him this morning hoping he can tell me if the diagnosis was legitimate or only suspected.