Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 4:53 pm

This is true. This was before I found out about autism shutdowns which I have been experiencing since I was quite a young child onwards.
I had been unable in all these years to explain what I had been experiencing and I really, really wanted to be examined by a vet because I reasoned that vets examine animals without them needing to talk to try and explain things. Unfortunately vets are not allowed to examine people here in Great Britain.
I am so glad to have found out about shutdowns that they have a name. I never knew!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 5:16 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
This is true. This was before I found out about autism shutdowns which I have been experiencing since I was quite a young child onwards.
I had been unable in all these years to explain what I had been experiencing and I really, really wanted to be examined by a vet because I reasoned that vets examine animals without them needing to talk to try and explain things. Unfortunately vets are not allowed to examine people here in Great Britain.
I am so glad to have found out about shutdowns that they have a name. I never knew!

Well vets also don't have expertise in human health, so it wouldn't do you much good.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 5:20 pm

Mountain Goatitus! :lol:

But seriously, hope you are given peace of mind with the diagnosis you’re seeking, soon.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 5:22 pm

I don't know when it will be.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 5:30 pm

Services are very stretched, sadly and families in distress with young children with extreme behavioural issues are receiving diagnoses much more swiftly than adults in the UK. You’ve been waiting for soo long. Will be relieved for you, when that day finally comes.