Article about "...Describing What Autism Is Really Like..."

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 5:23 pm

Yahoo!, attributed to BuzzFeed: "Autistic People Are Describing What Autism Is Really Like For Them And What They Wish Everyone Knew About Autism"

Much of the article resonates with me!

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2021, 4:27 am

Me too.
Thanks for sharing that

Redpaws
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Nov 2021, 5:17 am

Good article. Some of the points hit close to home for sure.

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2021, 6:04 am

Everyone is functioning normally, but you feel singled out in feeling like you're in a fish tank full of water and no one else notices.

Or another variation of this I get is when its all chaotic and there are tons of people, sometimes it also feels like if you are on the deep end of the pool and struggling a bit more to stay afloat. I guess that is a going shopping specific thing, but yeah if I get to overwhelmed it is easy to freeze up a bit, or I can take like a half hour looking at items trying to figurue out which one I should get. Like after a time in grocery stores or places like walmart...its like my brain goes dead and I can't function. It is seriously like I become mentally ret*d or catatonic or something and literally can't do anything not even think it has caused issues with me and my boyfriend getting groceries...so we did talk about maybe sometimes he should just go by himself so he doesn't have to shop + deal with me literally losing brain function and not knowing what to do with myself.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2021, 11:24 pm

A lot of those points resonate with me. Thank you for sharing that article.