Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2021, 8:56 am

Just before the COVID pandemic/lockdown started in England I went out to the bar for one last weekend. This girl I know told me that night at closing time she went into the smoking area (when she wasn’t meant to) and apparently a bouncer grabbed her by the arm/dragged her out of the pub.

Afterwards she was on the phone to the police about the incident.

Do you think that’s no way for a male bouncer to treat a girl or is she only telling her side of the story if you know what I mean? 2 years prior to this incident I remember she was angrily banging the doors of the same bar demanding she go in and get her phone (because the pub was shut).

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2021, 2:43 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Just before the COVID pandemic/lockdown started in England I went out to the bar for one last weekend. This girl I know told me that night at closing time she went into the smoking area (when she wasn’t meant to) and apparently a bouncer grabbed her by the arm/dragged her out of the pub.

Afterwards she was on the phone to the police about the incident.

And her complaint to the police was what, exactly?

Jamesy wrote:
Do you think that’s no way for a male bouncer to treat a girl or is she only telling her side of the story if you know what I mean?

I didn't know that dragging someone out of a pub was a crime, unless it can be shown that the bar discriminates against people based on categories like race or ethnicity.

Jamesy wrote:
2 years prior to this incident I remember she was angrily banging the doors of the same bar demanding she go in and get her phone (because the pub was shut).

Well I think most people would be pretty frantic if they lost their phone. Certainly I would be.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2021, 3:09 pm

Did she have a lifetime ban from the bar after the first incident?

Was the same bouncer present during the first incident?

Could he have remembered her from the first incident?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2021, 3:31 pm

Fnord wrote:

no she was in the bar a year after incident

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2021, 8:18 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:

no she was in the bar a year after incident
Was she involved in the original incident?

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2021, 4:42 am

When anyone tells you about anything that happened to them they are always only telling you their side of the story, and it will be coloured by their own emotional responses, ideologies and prejudices. Humans are not reliable evaluators of reality, let alone reliable narrators. Throw alcohol into the mix and things get even muddier.

I'd rather nobody manhandled anybody against their will, but sometimes some people need to be manhandled.
Perhaps this bouncer had his reasons. Perhaps he was just a hired goon who gets off on the little bit of power he's been granted.

You know these people better than us. What's your take on it?