Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2021, 7:43 am

Once I went out on the town with this guy who has aspergers like me at the pub we attended that night one guy said to my friend "his face looks like he gets all the p****"

Most likely do you think he was being sarcastic when he said that to my friend?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2021, 7:45 am

Do you think he was?

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2021, 7:46 am

Depends. If he looks like Brad Pitt, its a begrudging complement. If he doesn't....

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2021, 7:49 am

babybird wrote:
Do you think he was?

Nah I think he was making fun of him but that's just my opinion of course.

katzhutte
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Nov 2021, 7:54 am

It's quite a difficult question to answer due to not hearing the intonation of the comment or knowing what your friend looks like but I'll give it my best guess.

I am not great with idioms but this idiom seems to be saying your friend is good looking and gets lots of sexual partners due to his looks. It would only be sarcasm or an insult if the person saying it thought your friend was not good looking and got no sexual partners due to this.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2021, 7:56 am

katzhutte wrote:
It's quite a difficult question to answer due to not hearing the intonation of the comment or knowing what your friend looks like but I'll give it my best guess.

I am not great with idioms but this idiom seems to be saying your friend is good looking and gets lots of sexual partners due to his looks. It would only be sarcasm or an insult if the person saying it thought your friend was not good looking and got no sexual partners due to this.

He has a history of taking the piss out of my friend

katzhutte
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Nov 2021, 8:17 am

Jamesy wrote:
katzhutte wrote:

He has a history of taking the piss out of my friend

Sounds like sarcasm then.

If it's friendly banter then your friend needs to work on witty comebacks e.g. "better than having a face that just attracts c**ts." then laugh really hard like you've told the joke of the year.

If it's not friendly banter and you don't want a confrontation just pretend it was funny.

OutUponATreeBranch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Dec 2021, 7:49 pm

I'm at the stage in my life now where I can just tell them to buzz off. Though I had a lot friends growing up that teased me, this guy just sounds like a jackals.

OutUponATreeBranch

05 Dec 2021, 7:53 pm

It sounds like you keep going to the wrong pubs.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 11:53 pm

Yep. Wrong pubs, filled with drunk idiots who talk out of their ass.