The Ultimate Macro Framework with Raoul Pal

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2021, 6:43 pm

Watching Raoul Pal on Robert Breedlove and I'd have to say that this is the best telling of the economic story from WWII to now that I've heard so far, even fuller in it's details than the story as Mark Blythe tells it.

It sounds like what were really demographic crises (for example the baby boom) pushed so many other changes out in front of them. He gets into the effects of the Reagan / Thatcher movement to make more people home owners, the results of that, the results of the WTO's formation and the effects of labor arbitrage, etc..

I would be curious to hear from the people who are macro econ wonks where you'd agree or disagree on his points. It sounds to me in a lot of ways that it's a lot of energy bouncing around a vessel (of relatively fixed absorbers and transmitters) that all try to counter-react to one another and that while some of our central banking moves have saved the day on occasion it seems like each one of those moves ends up kicking off another set of side effects which drive more economic behavior back toward causing root issues all over again (his example - lack of wages turns into more borrowing of mortgage debt which inflates a bubble, that bubble pops and the bad economic results of that pop cause more people to want to take out more debt).

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2021, 7:05 pm

I read that at first as RuPaul.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2022, 8:06 pm

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2022, 8:14 pm

^^

WTH are you doing? This was a perfectly dead thread and I was fine with it being dead.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin