F**k video games, I'm tired of trying to fit in

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

_cora_
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2021, 1:30 pm

There's this game. I really like it, I love everything you can do. But I hate the other people. It's like this with every multiplayer game. I tried to join a Discord for it today, realized I don't fit in and left them alone. It happens all the time. I just hate the people on this game! I have never met a kind person that didn't betray me in my 1+ years of being there. I'm going to have to accept that I can't fit in here, and try somewhere else. Everything's optimized and I will hate the art style, but if i meet some decent people, then I don't really care.
Wish me luck. I hate doing new things.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Nov 2021, 2:10 pm

I prefer to play single player games. No need to deal with other people :lol:
There was some game I played years ago where people were nice... and in ran on Linux :) Can't recall the name... <Google>... Eternal Lands, I think.
But it was some 8 years ago, I don't know how the community evolved since then.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 2:21 pm

video games are like drugs, it best to go clean and not get strung out.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 7:38 pm

I've become disillusioned and disappointed with pretty much every community I've tried or considered getting into. I find fault on people easily I guess, and end up going my own way eventually.

I hope you get to find what you're looking for.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 8:39 pm

That's part of the reason I don't care for things like MMOs.

...and if I do play an online game, I tend to not speak to anyone or join parties.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 8:54 pm

The nearest thing I've experienced to any kind of communal gaming experience is participating in the 'Doomworld Megawad Club', where one isn't competing against other gamers, but simply sharing one's experience of playing particular levels. It was absolutely fine, no friction or ego issues.

Have heard a fair bit about aggravations in online gaming though, and I don't think I'd ever want to be part of that scene.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 9:08 pm

Sometimes I hate playing with other players too. Example: In Borderlands, I want to do all side missions before main missions, but everyone wants to skip through the story mode until I'm so underpowered and underleveled that I can't handle any current enemies. No one wants to do things my way.

Another example is retro FPS Co-ops. I join and they immediately vote to kick me out for no reason. I'm just as good at the game as any average player so what is their problem? Every hosted game I find is like this. I start my own server and people join then leave immediately after. Is it me?

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 9:17 pm

I do wish you luck and I'm sorry you're having such a hard time finding people you can play with. I think you're heading in the right direction though, because any form of entertainment that doesn't bring you joy...isn't entertainment! (Obviously.) Please don't put any more pressure on yourself to fit in with people who don't want to help you enjoy the experience.

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 4:24 pm

I understand how you feel. Playing multiplayer games is a pain these days and you have to have nerves of steel to take the toxicity of them. This is usually in games such as MMOs, FPS, and MOBA(e.g.. League of Legends). Sadly as a girl(from what I've seen and read because I'm not a woman), it is MUCH harder to find a community that is first: Friendly and Cooperative and second: Doesn't have guys acting inappropriate towards you as if they never been around a girl/woman before.

If you don't mind me asking: What game was it that you were playing? If we knew maybe we could point you towards a good community or possibly a similar game to try instead.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2021, 10:17 pm

I just love how people keep talking about video games like it's some kind of horribly addictive substance and anyone who plays games at all is a failure at life, but they have no problems with people having addictions to drugs, alcohol, or even gambling. In fact they even encourage it. What a stupid world. :roll: