Reluctant to go to my Dad's birthday. Any advice ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 5:24 pm

I don't know whether I should go to my dad's own birthday at a restaurant as I am reluctant to go because I haven't been to one since the pandemic started. I'm just worried about it being too busy and not wearing a mask inside. I'm also feeling like I might look like I'm extremely paranoid wearing two masks when everyone else is not wearing many masks in a social environment and that it might come across as weird. My dad has said he'd prefer it if I did go because its his 60th and he's got my grandparents, his wife, her children and so on are going and that for his own children like myself not to go might be upsetting. Most of the people I mentioned are vaccinated but I don't feel its that protective because people still say you can pass the virus on and worried about there being unvaccinated people in there when I clearly don't know it.

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 7:33 pm

There's nothing weird about being concerned for your own and other people's safety. Don't let peer pressure get in the way of what you think is right.
If you want to attend with two masks I think you shouldn't be ashamed to do so.

Alternatively, you can consider skype-ing or using facetime or something similar, if that's possible.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 7:51 pm

I wouldnt go because we dont know how the omicron variant is going to turn out.

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 12:34 pm

I was eventually told by my stepmum not to go because she didn't want me to feel uncomfortable being there, she understood what I was worried about and told her that I felt bad about not going but she didn't want me to be in discomfort and to see them instead before or at christmas.