Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Regeniversity
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Nov 2021, 8:30 pm

As always, there is no way to get through to anyone and even if I could, myself and one other person would still be far too few people to defend against the state violence which suppresses all real human life in this context. There is only isolated rotting in the waste of other people's selfish delusions until death, same as it has been since birth. There is no way forward, there is no way out. Same as always. Nothing new.

On another note, Apios americana is a cool plant that I would encourage people in North America to propagate.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 12:13 pm

Prison. Endless night, No exit. Hell is other people. There must be some kind of way out of here?

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Regeniversity
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Dec 2021, 11:05 am

go away

OutUponATreeBranch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Dec 2021, 1:24 am

It seems worse then it is. But if everyone is delusional, doesn't that make the world itself an illusion? If so, then it sure doesn't bother me, the same way I forget my dreams in the morning.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 9:43 am

THE PRISON WALLS OF LIFE

four walls of bars with no doors
is this what life is made of
days get harder and the walls starts to close in
and one thing comes to mind
why did i take this path
nights of sorrow and days of shame
i just want the sunshine and not all the rain
my heart is black and my flesh is cold
i seek for the truth and happiness
but all i get is the lies and sadness
tell me why this happens
im no longer incontrol
i gave up some years ago
as life passes me by and people come and go
i search and i look but i cant find the door
i cant change my past
but i try to change my future
the life beyond the bars is the one i hope to live
i am a prisoner who wants to be free

Author: Brittany M.

Source:  This "Scrapbook" Webpage 

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 9:50 am

What "state violence" do you experience?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with what you wrote; but I'm just curious.

Regeniversity
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Dec 2021, 11:52 am

OutUponATreeBranch wrote:
It seems worse then it is. But if everyone is delusional, doesn't that make the world itself an illusion? If so, then it sure doesn't bother me, the same way I forget my dreams in the morning.

for most people it seems better than it is. not everyone is delusional, just most people are. the world is not an illusion, but many of the things that people believe the world is are illusions.
it doesn't even make sense to think that the world is an illusion, because it exists. you could maybe say that the world is a hallucination, but that is not the same as an illusion, and that would still leave you with the situation of experiencing the world. most people seem to be obsessed with finding broken rationalization to dismiss things and pretend they don't care.

kraftiekortie wrote:
What "state violence" do you experience?

the police beat and electrocute me and rip up the edible forestry plantings I've done in abandoned spaces because I cannot pay their demands of huge fees to validate delusions (like the claim of land ownership which is incoherent because land cannot be possessed it can only be inhabited and I was never trying to disrupt anyone's inhabitation or privacy, I was only trying to improve the quality of degraded abandoned land)

that is their job of course. they exist to maintain state domination over territory so that an exclusive group can feel in control, because most people on earth are deeply mentally ill and unconsciously driven by a compulsion to feel in control (despite the fact that control is not possible)

OutUponATreeBranch

07 Dec 2021, 10:01 pm

I regret that the police abused you. I cannot justify their behavior.

Know there are plenty of people that have experienced similar situations and survived.

Regeniversity
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Dec 2021, 3:47 pm

OutUponATreeBranch wrote:
I regret that the police abused you. I cannot justify their behavior.

Know there are plenty of people that have experienced similar situations and survived.

surviving in this context is the problem. every single life enabled by agriculture and trade makes the world a worse place.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 11:33 pm

What is the alternative for agriculture and trade?

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 11:59 pm

Fnord wrote:
THE PRISON WALLS OF LIFE

four walls of bars with no doors
is this what life is made of
days get harder and the walls starts to close in
and one thing comes to mind
why did i take this path
nights of sorrow and days of shame
i just want the sunshine and not all the rain
my heart is black and my flesh is cold
i seek for the truth and happiness
but all i get is the lies and sadness
tell me why this happens
im no longer incontrol
i gave up some years ago
as life passes me by and people come and go
i search and i look but i cant find the door
i cant change my past
but i try to change my future
the life beyond the bars is the one i hope to live
i am a prisoner who wants to be free

Author: Brittany M.

Source:  This "Scrapbook" Webpage 

This is turning into a poetry meeting....let me post one

Dark and lonely on the summer night.
Kill my landlord, kill my landlord.
Watchdog barking – Do he bite?
Slip in his window,
Break his neck!
Then his house
I start to wreck!
Got no reason —
What the heck!
C-I-L-L …
My land – lord …

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 7:42 am

The only way we could “transcend” agriculture is if we go back to a Paleolithic, hunter-gatherer society.

Trade: we can never transcend.

Regeniversity
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Dec 2021, 3:00 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The only way we could “transcend” agriculture is if we go back to a Paleolithic, hunter-gatherer society.

Trade: we can never transcend.

trade is and has always been a symptom of dysfunctional environments. period. it has never been necessary for the survival, health, and fulfillment of human life nor society. and by trade I am talking about actually making agreements to exchange things with other people, I'm not playing word games where you change the definition of the word trade to be about anything you want. composting organic matter and harvesting food from healthy soil is NOT an example of trade, just so you know.

agriculture, when practiced longterm, is and has always been a disease. agriculture DOES NOT mean "growing food". agriculture refers to a very specific method of cultivation based on constantly fighting against ecological succession to maintain fields of primary succession species generally in very low diversity and only for the use of human consumption. agriculture is a war against life, and it is less productive than diverse multi-layered perennial food systems, which can obviously be cultivated. there are many other forms of cultivation besides agriculture. the only time that agriculture is valid is when it is used temporarily as a kickstart for landscapes that have been damaged severely by natural disasters, as a way to kickstart ecological succession through intentional ground covering with a field of primary succession species. but then it has to go on with ecological succession, you have to continue cultivating further succession, or else it only damages the land and eventually turns it into a desert, just like longterm agriculture has been doing for thousands of years. you can literally see the vast scars across continents, when looking at satellite images, from agriculture spreading around the world.

the concept of hunter-gatherers is rather out of touch with the reality of pre-agricultural societies. hunter-gatherer is a term that frames societies as minimalist scavengers. this is definitely not the norm. the norm is and was societies integrated intentionally with their local environments. there have of course been thousands and thousands of variations of this around the world so it's not exactly useful to talk about pre-agricultural societies as one group.

trade is a symptom of longterm agriculture. if people cultivated highly diverse perennial food systems integrated symbiotically with ecosystems - which is totally possible and has been done many times, more productive than agriculture, and can be done in a wider range of landscapes than agriculture - in ways that provide what is needed to survive, be healthy, and find fulfillment locally, then trade becomes irrelevant for survival, health, and fulfillment. obviously trade could still be practiced recreationally, there's nothing really wrong with that if people want to do it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 3:32 pm

That's what people were before agriculture: Primarily hunter-gatherers. They had to get food, somehow. How else could they get food but through hunting?

They were scavengers at times----but, especially in later Paleolithic times, they hunted their food, and cooked it, mostly. And (usually women) gathered non-animal foods.

They either lived in caves, or in shelters they built for themselves.

There was a "society" amongst pre-agricultural people. They weren't merely "primitive" people who grunted or whatever. They would sit around the fire and tell stories to each other. after the hunt. There were craftspeople---toolmakers. There was religion, too. And art. There was leisure time in the evenings, and sometimes in the winter, too, when there were storms.

Yes, bands of people did trade with each other. They would trade things that were native to their region, especially materials useful for hunting, and food, for things that were not native to their region.

Regeniversity
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Dec 2021, 4:51 pm

you clearly didn't pay attention to what I said. other than hunting and gathering (which implies being a scavenger, since that is about finding sustenance from an environment that you do not cultivate) THEY COULD CULTIVATE FOOD. because agriculture is NOT the only form of cultivation, as I stated very clearly. there were even some examples of large city-like settlements predating agriculture. the narrative you are depicting is an extreme simplification that exists to frame agriculture as a development, when it was in fact a regression. a regression of understanding and relation.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 5:13 pm

Agriculture was invented when humans first started cultivating food.