Mass Shooting in Michigan High School

Page 4 of 21 [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 3:40 pm

Fnord wrote:
Ethan Crumbley, 15, is identified as Michigan High school shooter who gunned down four classmates with his father's 9mm after flaunting it on Instagram: Teen is charged as an ADULT with terrorism and murder.

• Ethan Crumbley, 15, is in juvenile custody for the shooting at Oxford High School, Michigan, on Tuesday.
• He posted a photo of his father's new 9mm Sig Sauer handgun on the weekend, pretending it was his.
• Crumbley's motive for the shooting on Tuesday remains unknown but classmates say he was being bullied.
• Four kids were killed; Tate Myre, 16, Hana St. Juliana, 14, Madisyn Baldwin, 17, and Justin Shilling, 17.
• Shilling was rushed to the hospital but he was pronounced dead on Wednesday morning.
• Crumbley will be charged as an adult with four counts of murder and domestic terrorism.
• Crumbley is in custody at the Oakland County Children's Village refusing to cooperate with police.
• His parents, Jennifer and James Crumbley, have been to visit him and they have hired an attorney for him.

Source (includes pictures):
 This UK Daily Mail Article 

What's the terrorism charge stemming from?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 3:44 pm

cyberdad wrote:
What's the terrorism charge stemming from?
He is being charged with terrorism because he terrorized the entire school.

Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald's office will charge Crumbely with terrorism, first-degree murder, assault with intent to murder and possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony.  Crumbley will be charged as an adult due to the seriousness of the charges.

Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald said there is a mountain of digital evidence that will prove the shooting was premeditated.

She said she is confident that the evidence, including social media evidence, will show the suspect planned the attack well before the incident.

McDonald added that the charge of terrorism is not a typical charge.  It was included for the children who were not killed or wounded, she said, but who ran away from the school, hid in barricaded classrooms and are traumatized from the incident.

"They are victims too", she said.

Source:
 This Newsweek Article 

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 4:03 pm

Just a hypothetical - what if it turns out the shooter was diagnosed with Autism? How will this play out both in the media and on this website?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 4:06 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Just a hypothetical - what if it turns out the shooter was diagnosed with Autism? How will this play out both in the media and on this website?
Autism is usually cited as both the cause and the excuse for criminal behavior ... sometimes simultaneously.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 4:10 pm

Fnord wrote:
McDonald added that the charge of terrorism is not a typical charge.  It was included for the children who were not killed or wounded, she said, but who ran away from the school, hid in barricaded classrooms and are traumatized from the incident.
"They are victims too", she said.[/i]

Interesting. So taking this to it's logical conclusion, aren't armed militia who arrive at protests in order to "intimidate liberals" behaving like terrorists? after all, they aren't there to "serve and protect", merely to intimidate/terrorise and after the Rittenhouse case potentially shoot protestors.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 4:44 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Just a hypothetical - what if it turns out the shooter was diagnosed with Autism?

"Nathan Swanson, a 10th grader who was in some middle school classes with Crumbley, told The Daily Beast that he was “really quiet, he would never talk to people.”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/ethan-cru ... ss-shooter

Be the hero of your life.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 4:47 pm

No indication that shooter was being bullied at school, sheriff says

Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said there is no indication that the suspected shooter had been disciplined or complained about being bullied at school.

Bouchard said he personally asked the school district about the matter and "they had no information in any of their records that he had been bullied and we have had no information brought to our attention from any other source that he had been bullied."

The sheriff also said the suspect was not on any law enforcement radar.

"We had no communication about him or about anything that was pending," he said. "And I haven't heard from any law enforcement agency that they did."

Source:
 This CNN Article 

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 4:48 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
McDonald added that the charge of terrorism is not a typical charge.  It was included for the children who were not killed or wounded, she said, but who ran away from the school, hid in barricaded classrooms and are traumatized from the incident. "They are victims too", she said.[/i]
Interesting. So taking this to it's logical conclusion, aren't armed militia who arrive at protests in order to "intimidate liberals" behaving like terrorists? after all, they aren't there to "serve and protect", merely to intimidate/terrorise and after the Rittenhouse case potentially shoot protestors.
Troll elsewhere, please.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 5:01 pm

Students grabbed scissors for defense and escaped out a window in deadly Michigan shooting; suspect charged with murder

Quote:
Bouchard said the 15-year-old had not been on law enforcement radar prior to the shooting.

However, authorities did learn after the shooting that the suspect and his parents met with school officials a few hours before the shooting. Officials met with just the suspect the day before and with the suspect and parents the day of the shooting, Bouchard said.

"The day before, it was a meeting with school personnel about some concerning behavior and the meeting the day of was with school personnel and parents about a different issue," Bouchard said.
The sheriff declined to go into issues on either day.

"Prior to those two meetings there was no contact or nothing in his file by either concerning behavior or discipline," he said

Investigators recovered more than 30 shell casings, said the sheriff, who'd earlier said at least a dozen rounds were fired.
"We believe he fired at least 30 shots," he said.

Bouchard said two 15-round magazines were recovered by investigators and a third was recovered in the overnight hours. Investigators also learned the suspect had 18 rounds left, with seven in his pocket.

"With this much ammunition still with him ... the quick actions of the school and the lockdown as well as the deputies going to the danger, saved lives," Bouchard said.

Video from the school shows the assailant was "shooting people at close range -- oftentimes toward the head or chest," Bouchard told CNN's "New Day" earlier Wednesday.

"It's chilling. It's absolutely cold-hearted, murderous," Bouchard said.

Though much of the shooting was at close range, it nevertheless appeared "random," Bouchard told CNN, without elaborating.
The assailant "tried to breach classroom doors," the sheriff said.

"He actually fired through a number of the doors that I looked at last night -- through the barricaded doors. ... Some of those barricades were struck by gunfire," Bouchard said.

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:

It will be reiterated by Autism and Autistic advocacy organizations and WP members that most autistics are not violent but victims of violence. There will be on talk radio etc saying we are violent, some progressives will say in oh so many words autistics should not have 2nd amendment rights. Some will be bullied, some NT's will be more scared of their autistic classmates

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 01 Dec 2021, 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 5:11 pm

Fnord wrote:

Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said there is no indication that the suspected shooter had been disciplined or complained about being bullied at school.

Bouchard said he personally asked the school district about the matter and "they had no information in any of their records that he had been bullied and we have had no information brought to our attention from any other source that he had been bullied."

"We had no communication about him or about anything that was pending," he said. "And I haven't heard from any law enforcement agency that they did."

Source:
 This CNN Article 

Just because the school says that they have no information on bullying does not mean that it is not happening. Many who are bullied have been taught that it is worse when they inform someone of authority (teacher, administration, police, parent, etc.). I know this from personal experience. In fact, I remember being threatened with a gun in the 8th grade and felt that the gun held less danger to me than telling the teachers/administration at the school.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 5:14 pm

demeus wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Source:
 This CNN Article 
Just because the school says that they have no information on bullying does not mean that it is not happening...
Remember, the sheriff also has full legal access to Crumbley's social media accounts, his cellphone, and other documented evidence recovered on scene.  If there is no statement of bullying in those places, then either Crumbley never admitted to being bullied, or no bullying ever took place.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 6:20 pm

Huh, I was holding it back in case it was wrong, but the chans had the shooter identified way ahead of the official release based on social media coming out of the schools, that whole weaponized autism thing really does work fast on occasion.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 6:38 pm

Fnord wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
We need to ban all guns.
... and knives ... and red SUVs ... and ...

It's about disarming and emasculating the MAGA crowd as much as it is about keeping people safe.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 9:12 am

Investigators reveal concerns about behavior of Michigan high school shooting suspect leading up to the tragedy

Quote:
During Crumbley's arraignment Wednesday, authorities said they found two videos on Crumbley's cell phone in which he talked about shooting and killing students at the high school.

Another piece of evidence investigators uncovered is a journal that was in Crumbley's backpack that detailed his "desire to shoot up the school to include murdering students," Lt. Tim Willis said during the arraignment.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 9:22 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Investigators reveal concerns about behavior of Michigan high school shooting suspect leading up to the tragedy
Quote:
During Crumbley's arraignment Wednesday, authorities said they found two videos on Crumbley's cell phone in which he talked about shooting and killing students at the high school.

Another piece of evidence investigators uncovered is a journal that was in Crumbley's backpack that detailed his "desire to shoot up the school to include murdering students," Lt. Tim Willis said during the arraignment.
Premeditated murder, plain and simple.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 9:57 am

Accused Michigan gunman’s mom wrote letter to Trump praising his stance on gun rights.

In her open letter of Nov. 11, 2016, that the Daily Beast posted, Jennifer Crumbely referred to school trouble, financial struggles, and resentments.

She stated: "My parents teach at a school where their kids come from illegal immigrant parents.  Most of their parents are locked up.  They don’t care about learning and threaten to kill my mom for caring about their grades."

"Do you realize Mr. Trump that they get free tutors, free tablets from our Government so they can succeed.  Why can't my son get those things, do we as hard-working Americans not deserve that too?"

"Mr. Trump, I actually love that you are a bad public speaker because that showed sincerity, and humility", she wrote. "You changed your mind, and you said 'so what'.  You made the famous 'grab them in the p***y' comment, did it offend me?  No.  I say things all the time that people take the wrong way, do I mean them, not always.  Do I agree that you should of [sic] shown your tax returns?  No.  I don’t care what you do or maybe don’t pay in taxes, I think those are personal and if the Gov't can lock someone up over $10,000 of unpaid taxes and you slipped on by, then that shows the corruption."

Crumbley went on to tell Trump that she hoped he would "really uncover the politicians for what I believe they really are", and that he might "shut down Big Pharma, make health care affordable for me and my MIDDLE CLASS family again".  She was in favor of Trump’s long-promised border wall, and noted that she was "not racist" because her grandfather "came straight off the boat in Italy".

"As a female and a Realtor, thank you for allowing my right to bear arms", the letter continued.  "Allowing me to be protected if I show a home to someone with bad intentions.  Thank you for respecting that Amendment."

She complained about parents at other schools where the "kids come from illegal immigrant parents" and "don't care about learning".

It was signed, "A hard working Middle Class Law Abiding Citizen who is sick of getting f****d in the a** and would rather be grabbed by the p***y."

Source #1:
 This New York Post Article 

Source #2:  This Daily Beast Article 

Toxic parents breed toxic children; and, in this case, the guano fell not far from the bat.

:roll: