Mass Shooting in Michigan High School

Page 5 of 21 [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 12:37 pm

Fnord wrote:
Accused Michigan gunman’s mom wrote letter to Trump praising his stance on gun rights.

In her open letter of Nov. 11, 2016, that the Daily Beast posted, Jennifer Crumbely referred to school trouble, financial struggles, and resentments.

She stated: "My parents teach at a school where their kids come from illegal immigrant parents.  Most of their parents are locked up.  They don’t care about learning and threaten to kill my mom for caring about their grades."

"Do you realize Mr. Trump that they get free tutors, free tablets from our Government so they can succeed.  Why can't my son get those things, do we as hard-working Americans not deserve that too?"

"Mr. Trump, I actually love that you are a bad public speaker because that showed sincerity, and humility", she wrote. "You changed your mind, and you said 'so what'.  You made the famous 'grab them in the p***y' comment, did it offend me?  No.  I say things all the time that people take the wrong way, do I mean them, not always.  Do I agree that you should of [sic] shown your tax returns?  No.  I don’t care what you do or maybe don’t pay in taxes, I think those are personal and if the Gov't can lock someone up over $10,000 of unpaid taxes and you slipped on by, then that shows the corruption."

Crumbley went on to tell Trump that she hoped he would "really uncover the politicians for what I believe they really are", and that he might "shut down Big Pharma, make health care affordable for me and my MIDDLE CLASS family again".  She was in favor of Trump’s long-promised border wall, and noted that she was "not racist" because her grandfather "came straight off the boat in Italy".

"As a female and a Realtor, thank you for allowing my right to bear arms", the letter continued.  "Allowing me to be protected if I show a home to someone with bad intentions.  Thank you for respecting that Amendment."

She complained about parents at other schools where the "kids come from illegal immigrant parents" and "don't care about learning".

It was signed, "A hard working Middle Class Law Abiding Citizen who is sick of getting f****d in the a** and would rather be grabbed by the p***y."

Source #1:
 This New York Post Article 

Source #2:  This Daily Beast Article 

Toxic parents breed toxic children; and, in this case, the guano fell not far from the bat.

:roll:

Holy S***sauce. 8O

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 1:02 pm

Fnord wrote:
demeus wrote:
Fnord wrote:
No indication that shooter was being bullied at school, sheriff says

Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said there is no indication that the suspected shooter had been disciplined or complained about being bullied at school.

Bouchard said he personally asked the school district about the matter and "they had no information in any of their records that he had been bullied and we have had no information brought to our attention from any other source that he had been bullied."

The sheriff also said the suspect was not on any law enforcement radar.

"We had no communication about him or about anything that was pending," he said. "And I haven't heard from any law enforcement agency that they did."

Source:
 This CNN Article 
Just because the school says that they have no information on bullying does not mean that it is not happening...
Remember, the sheriff also has full legal access to Crumbley's social media accounts, his cellphone, and other documented evidence recovered on scene.  If there is no statement of bullying in those places, then either Crumbley never admitted to being bullied, or no bullying ever took place.

I would more likely think the former rather than the later. The lack of evidence does not mean that the incident did not take place. I still don't write down my deepest thoughts and ideas today thanks to schooling I got when I was a kid.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 1:14 pm

demeus wrote:
Fnord wrote:
demeus wrote:
Fnord wrote:
No indication that shooter was being bullied at school, sheriff says

Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said there is no indication that the suspected shooter had been disciplined or complained about being bullied at school.

Bouchard said he personally asked the school district about the matter and "they had no information in any of their records that he had been bullied and we have had no information brought to our attention from any other source that he had been bullied."

The sheriff also said the suspect was not on any law enforcement radar.

"We had no communication about him or about anything that was pending," he said. "And I haven't heard from any law enforcement agency that they did."

Source:
 This CNN Article 
Just because the school says that they have no information on bullying does not mean that it is not happening...
Remember, the sheriff also has full legal access to Crumbley's social media accounts, his cellphone, and other documented evidence recovered on scene.  If there is no statement of bullying in those places, then either Crumbley never admitted to being bullied, or no bullying ever took place.
I would more likely think the former rather than the later.  The lack of evidence does not mean that the incident did not take place.  I still don't write down my deepest thoughts and ideas today thanks to schooling I got when I was a kid.
The impression I am forming of Crumbely is that of a narcissistic child raised by gun-loving racists in a broken home.

I could be wrong, of course.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 1:37 pm

Fnord wrote:
Premeditated murder, plain and simple.

Radom or targeted though?

Seems random.

Be the hero of your life.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 2:14 pm

Maybe it's manslaughter because the victims weren't good people? / sarc

Sorry for ranting.

Funny how some murder victims get taken seriously, and others don't.

RIP to all those precious lives.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 2:56 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Random or targeted though?  Seems random.
Irrelevant.  "Premeditated" means only that something was planned.  "Premeditated Murder" applies whether specific targets are selected beforehand or selected at random as events unfold.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 3:02 pm

Fnord wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Irrelevant.  "Premeditated" means only that something was planned.  "Premeditated Murder" applies whether specific targets are selected beforehand or selected at random as events unfold.

But isn't almost every murder planned in one way or the other?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 3:12 pm

QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
Fnord wrote:
No.  While legal definitions may vary from state-to-state, the basic concepts are as follows:

• First Degree Murder: Deliberate, planned, and unlawful killing of one or more human beings.

• Second Degree Murder: Deliberate, unplanned, and unlawful killing of one or more human beings.

• Third Degree Murder: Accidental, unplanned, and unlawful killing of one or more human beings.

Third Degree Murder is sometimes called "Manslaughter".

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 3:19 pm

Legal definition:

"The period of time required for premeditation and deliberation in first degree murder is only that which is necessary for one thought to follow another."..."For a killing to be premeditated, there 'need be no appreciable space of time between the intention to kill and the act of killing—they may be as instantaneous as successive thoughts of the mind."

This is why manual strangulation is always considered first degree murder with premeditation. It takes so long the perp has a chance to change their mind. It can't be "self-defence" or "manslaughter".

Sorry for ranting earlier but of course school shootings are first degree murder.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 3:25 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
... of course school shootings are first degree murder.
Someone dying after being punched in the head during an unplanned fist-fight would be just cause for a second-degree murder charge.

Someone dying after being struck by a drunk driver would be just cause for a third-degree murder or "Vehicular Manslaughter" charge.

"Negligent Homicide" might be the charge if, for example, a landlord did not service a furnace, resulting in one or more tenants dying by asphyxiation.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 4:01 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Maybe it's manslaughter because the victims weren't good people? / sarc

Sorry for ranting. .

Well at least you weren't told to get off this thread :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 4:02 pm

QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
Fnord wrote:

There is frustratingly little being released about the shooter other than his mother loves Trump, wants to protect the right to own guns and that the gun the kid used was purchased by his father.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 5:43 pm

Fnord wrote:
Accused Michigan gunman’s mom wrote letter to Trump praising his stance on gun rights.

In her open letter of Nov. 11, 2016, that the Daily Beast posted, Jennifer Crumbely referred to school trouble, financial struggles, and resentments.

She stated: "My parents teach at a school where their kids come from illegal immigrant parents.  Most of their parents are locked up.  They don’t care about learning and threaten to kill my mom for caring about their grades."

"Do you realize Mr. Trump that they get free tutors, free tablets from our Government so they can succeed.  Why can't my son get those things, do we as hard-working Americans not deserve that too?"

"Mr. Trump, I actually love that you are a bad public speaker because that showed sincerity, and humility", she wrote. "You changed your mind, and you said 'so what'.  You made the famous 'grab them in the p***y' comment, did it offend me?  No.  I say things all the time that people take the wrong way, do I mean them, not always.  Do I agree that you should of [sic] shown your tax returns?  No.  I don’t care what you do or maybe don’t pay in taxes, I think those are personal and if the Gov't can lock someone up over $10,000 of unpaid taxes and you slipped on by, then that shows the corruption."

Crumbley went on to tell Trump that she hoped he would "really uncover the politicians for what I believe they really are", and that he might "shut down Big Pharma, make health care affordable for me and my MIDDLE CLASS family again".  She was in favor of Trump’s long-promised border wall, and noted that she was "not racist" because her grandfather "came straight off the boat in Italy".

"As a female and a Realtor, thank you for allowing my right to bear arms", the letter continued.  "Allowing me to be protected if I show a home to someone with bad intentions.  Thank you for respecting that Amendment."

She complained about parents at other schools where the "kids come from illegal immigrant parents" and "don't care about learning".

It was signed, "A hard working Middle Class Law Abiding Citizen who is sick of getting f****d in the a** and would rather be grabbed by the p***y."

Source #1:
 This New York Post Article 

Source #2:  This Daily Beast Article 

Toxic parents breed toxic children; and, in this case, the guano fell not far from the bat.

:roll:

Parents of suspect could face charges in deadly Michigan school shooting
Quote:
A prosecutor considering criminal charges against the parents of a boy accused of killing four students at a Michigan school said Thursday their actions went “far beyond negligence” and that the gun “seems to have been just freely available” to the teenager.

“All I can say at this point is those actions on mom and dad’s behalf go far beyond negligence,” Oakland County prosecutor Karen McDonald said. “We obviously are prosecuting the shooter to the fullest extent. … There are other individuals who should be held accountable.”

The semi-automatic gun was purchased by Crumbley’s father last week, according to investigators.

“The parents were the only individuals in the position to know the access to weapons,” McDonald told WJR-AM. The gun “seems to have been just freely available to that individual.”

McDonald said she hopes to have an announcement regarding charges against Crumbley’s parents within 24 hours.

“I just can’t get to a space right now to blame anybody who worked at that school. They were terrorized,” McDonald said.

“Should there have been different decisions made?” she said when asked about keeping the teen in school. “Probably they will come to that conclusion. … Again, I have not seen anything that would make me think that there’s criminal culpability. It’s a terrible, terrible tragedy.”

The Oxford school district hasn’t commented on the meeting with Crumbley’s parents before the shooting.

There’s no Michigan law that requires gun owners keep weapons locked away from children. William Swor, a defense lawyer who is not involved in the case, said charging the parents would require a “very fact-intensive investigation.”

“What did they know and when did they know it?” Swor said. “What advance information did they have about all these things? Did they know anything about his attitude, things of that nature. You’re talking about a very heavy burden to bring on the parents.”

Meanwhile, dozens of schools in southeastern Michigan canceled classes Thursday due to concerns about threatening messages on social media following the Oxford shooting. Some schools stayed open with a larger police presence.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 5:58 pm

↑ Another of the many reasons why I moved away from Michigan -- the lackadaisical attitude most parents seem to have toward keeping firearms in the open when children are around.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 8:09 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
A prosecutor considering criminal charges against the parents of a boy accused of killing four students at a Michigan school said Thursday their actions went “far beyond negligence” and that the gun “seems to have been just freely available” to the teenager.

Interesting, so why wasn't the "friend" who acquired a gun for Kyle Rittenhouse not charged?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 9:01 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Interesting, so why wasn't the "friend" who acquired a gun for Kyle Rittenhouse not charged?

Dox will know more specifically, but I will point out: different state, different jurisdiction, different laws.