Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dua97
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Nov 2021, 4:34 pm

I just lost my job. I hadn't been there very long so I'm a bit disappointed especially as it took me years to find a job. Not sure what to do now.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 4:40 pm

Dua97 wrote:
I just lost my job. I hadn't been there very long so I'm a bit disappointed especially as it took me years to find a job. Not sure what to do now.
Start looking for another one.

It is rough to lose a job; one's very identity may be tied up in what they do.  But the only thing to do now is to make finding a new job your new job, and to keep at it until you succeed.

(I am sorry this post seems insensitive.  It really does make me feel sad to know you are unemployed, and I really hope you can find something else soon.)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 5:20 pm

:(

katzhutte
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Nov 2021, 5:28 pm

Dua97 wrote:
Not sure what to do now.

Put the majority of your energy into finding a new better paid job. Good luck.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 6:07 pm

Dua97 wrote:

Do you have a degree?If yes that could get you a middle class job but other than that you work could retail or fast food or hospitality.If that doesnt work you could work Goodwill or do volunteering to make your resume look better.Is there any way you could file unemployment or even get benefits because people like us may not be able to work so we should prolly think about ways to bring in income.How many years worth of experience do you have.I would try to network to help you get a job because its not what you know its who you know.I was also very disapointed when my roughneck job didnt turn out so I can feel your pain.I wish you all the best.Could find a jobhunter or government vocational services to help possibly?I would just make sure you have all your essentials covered.I heard the great resignation is happening right now so it could be easier for you to find a job to tide you over.Also its the holidays so they need extra hands on deck.

Dua97
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Dec 2021, 3:24 pm

Hi, thanks for your replies everyone. Unfortunately I have no degree and no qualifications, this was my first job, I got it through the job centre but it took a long time unfortunately. But I have applied for two jobs this morning, one in a shop and the other in a coffee shop. Not what I really want to do but I need something. No income is very bad for me. I can't survive without money and food. I haven't looked into benefits but if I can't find a job soon I may need to.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 9:47 am

Skim. Under-try at job possibility after job possibility.

Don’t over-invest in any one possibility, until you get the job of course. And/or maybe the interview.

Best of luck to you. :D

When you get that next job, try to consistent show up 3 to 8 minutes early. Cleanliness may or may not be next to godliness* , but punctuality is certainly perceived that way!

* older American saying

Dua97
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Dec 2021, 9:57 am

I got an interview guys! :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2021, 10:03 am

Good luck :)

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2021, 3:07 pm

:D

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2021, 7:07 pm

I am so happy you got interview hope it went well.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2021, 7:09 pm

Good luck with the interview. Either way I'd look into what benefits might exist for someone in your shoes so that you're able to make the best decision in regards to how to proceed and find suitable employment.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

NoMoreRegrets94
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2021, 3:18 pm

Fnord wrote:
Dua97 wrote:

It is rough to lose a job; one's very identity may be tied up in what they do.  But the only thing to do now is to make finding a new job your new job, and to keep at it until you succeed.

(I am sorry this post seems insensitive.  It really does make me feel sad to know yoIt's u are unemployed, and I really hope you can find something else soon.)

It's almost impossible to find one if you're autistic in fact it is arrogant to say you can find by searching.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 3:31 pm

NoMoreRegrets94 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Dua97 wrote:
Start looking for another one.  It is rough to lose a job; one's very identity may be tied up in what they do.  But the only thing to do now is to make finding a new job your new job, and to keep at it until you succeed.  (I am sorry this post seems insensitive.  It really does make me feel sad to know you are unemployed, and I really hope you can find something else soon.)
It's almost impossible to find one if you're autistic in fact it is arrogant to say you can find by searching.
Arrogant or not, I am on the spectrum and I found my current job by searching.  What did I do wrong?

NoMoreRegrets94
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2021, 3:33 pm

Fnord wrote:
NoMoreRegrets94 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Dua97 wrote:

(I am sorry this post seems insensitive.  It really does make me feel sad to know yoIt's u are unemployed, and I really hope you can find something else soon.)
Arrogant or not, I am on the spectrum and I found my current job by searching.  What did I do wrong?

Unless your country has low unemployment, it is impossile to find job by searching.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 3:44 pm

NoMoreRegrets94 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
NoMoreRegrets94 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Dua97 wrote:
Start looking for another one.  It is rough to lose a job; one's very identity may be tied up in what they do.  But the only thing to do now is to make finding a new job your new job, and to keep at it until you succeed.  (I am sorry this post seems insensitive.  It really does make me feel sad to know yoIt's u are unemployed, and I really hope you can find something else soon.)
Unless your country has low unemployment, it is impossible to find job by searching.
My experience says otherwise.  I live in the Los Angeles area, by the way.