Reached my breaking point and desperately need answers

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

TotallyLost
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Nov 2021, 11:25 pm

I don't really know what to say, but I've been lurking this site a little bit and I think it's finally time to join. I suspect that I have either aspergers/as, NVLD, or both. 28 years old, life has been extremely difficult, and I feel like I'm quickly running out of willpower to keep going. Hoping to talk to some people in a similar situation and maybe shed some light on the problems I've been having.

Nice to meet you all, though.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 11:26 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 11:55 pm

I can relate to feeling like your willpower is running on fumes. :oops:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 11:12 am

Welcome to WP! I hope you find some comfort here.
(If it gets uncomfortable please just move to a different topic...don't leave the Planet.)

And I'm afraid that since I am an old guy I should just move along now. My life and your life are undoubtedly very different But I think you can find some kindred spirits here. (And some sympathetic folk like me.)

TotallyLost
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Dec 2021, 12:41 pm

Thanks everyone! Double Retired, getting some perspective from someone your age might be a good thing, very curious what it's like in the later years and if things start to get a little bit easier.

skrish234
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Dec 2021, 1:29 pm

Hopefully you find the comfort you need on WP. Best wishes!

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 1:30 pm

Well...I only got my Autism Spectrum Disorder, Level 1 (Mild) diagnosis in 2019, shortly before my 64th birthday. From 2013 to 2019 I wasn't diagnosed...I had the traits and symptoms but did not have a diagnosis and had not even heard of the Autism Spectrum. Before 2013 the DSM would've characterized me as having Asperger's Syndrome. Except, that wasn't even in the DSM until 1994  the year I turned 40. Before that I was just quirky. ("Quirky" is a reasonably nice description. I'm sure I was also often described much less nicely.)
Please ignore my playing with colors. I distrust computers but they are great toys. I like playing with BB code!

So, I had 65 years of being clueless. :roll:

Yes, I was picked on a lot. Yes, I was unhappy a lot. I just kept going forward.

By my 40s I'd given up on ever finding romance. But, to my great surprise, in my early 40s I finally met a gal who was good enough for me and crazy enough to have me. We've been married for 21 years now.

Oh, I'm an extremely introverted Aspie and she's ADHD, by the way. We share many interests but approach the world very differently. The Pandemic has really cramped her style...and mainly I miss people asking me if I want a soda with my meal.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 1:32 pm

Hello.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 3:28 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 7:05 am

welcome. Post lots of questions, we are here to support and many can give insights from experience of their own. There are years and years of lived experience being autistic right here and somebody can offer information or hints about things that might work in almost any situation. At the least you have found a group who understand struggles and I love the feeling of not being alone. Somebody here will understand, we are experienced and survivors. Glad you are with us!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson