Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 5:04 pm

Is shopstarss.com a scam?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 5:10 pm

The Scam Detector’s algorithm finds Shopstarss having a medium-authoritative rank of 62.30.  This rating means that the business could be classified as Known.  Standard.  Active.

Source:
 Shopstarss Review 

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 5:31 pm

Fnord wrote:
The Scam Detector’s algorithm finds Shopstarss having a medium-authoritative rank of 62.30.  This rating means that the business could be classified as Known.  Standard.  Active.

Source:
 Shopstarss Review 

@Fnord

Have you tried emailing [email protected]?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 5:32 pm

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Source:
 Shopstarss Review 
@Fnord: Have you tried emailing [email protected]?
No.  They have nothing I want, and I want nothing they have.

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 12:38 pm

Fnord wrote:
TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Source:
 Shopstarss Review 

@Fnord

What I mean is I think "[email protected]" is bogus.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 12:51 pm

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:
Fnord wrote:
TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Source:
 Shopstarss Review 
@Fnord: What I mean is I think "[email protected]" is bogus.
The only way for you to find out is to email them and ask them.

katzhutte
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Dec 2021, 2:30 pm

It seems bogus to me , I don't think emailing and asking if they are bogus would reveal useful information.

Trustpilot scores them at 1.3/5 with 2 reviews , the most recent being

Quote:
This site operates from the same addess as esonline.co.uk - but uses a different web name and a different mobile phone number...one must ask why.

Both sites sell exactly the same items at exactly the same prices.

I have emailed them three times asking for further details on a lawnmower they are advertising at a significantly lower price than any other website. I've emailed them three times asking for further details (is it to a uk spec?...is it new and unboxed or is it used/refurbished?...what is the delivery timescale?

I haven't received a single reply. I guess the phrase 'if it looks to good to be true then it probably is'. Caveat emptor and avoid them at all costs

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 4:25 pm

katzhutte wrote:
It seems bogus to me , I don't think emailing and asking if they are bogus would reveal useful information.

Quote:
This site operates from the same addess as esonline.co.uk - but uses a different web name and a different mobile phone number...one must ask why.

I have emailed them three times asking for further details on a lawnmower they are advertising at a significantly lower price than any other website. I've emailed them three times asking for further details (is it to a uk spec?...is it new and unboxed or is it used/refurbished?...what is the delivery timescale?

I haven't received a single reply. I guess the phrase 'if it looks to good to be true then it probably is'. Caveat emptor and avoid them at all costs

@katzhutte

The UK Trustpilot scores them at 0/0 with 0 reviews

uk.trustpilot.com/review/shopstarss.com

katzhutte
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Dec 2021, 4:49 pm

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:
katzhutte wrote:

Quote:

@katzhutte

The UK Trustpilot scores them at 0/0 with 0 reviews

uk.trustpilot.com/review/shopstarss.com

Sorry , I had my glasses off and googled uk.trustpilot.com/review/shop.ststsaa.com

How much cheaper are the prices compared to other websites?

I just checked 1 item and its the same price as Amazon