Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Generic_Username1969
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Dec 2021, 1:18 am

First I shall relate to you the substance of the dilemma. A couple years back I was in a situation which required hospitalization. I went to the University of North Carolina Hospital and despite being cognizant, consciousness level of 4, perfectly and completely fine, calm, collected. I was forced to submit to chains and handcuffs, and transported in the back of a squad car. This was extremely uncomfortable sensorial and sometime I can still feel them. It is here that I offer an appeal to the denizens of WrongPlanet. I've only been here for s**t two days, yet things are moving faster than I could have anticipated. This issue is above and beyond politics, left the right, it matters not, autism and neurotypical, it matters not, this is simply and completely a matter of right and wrong. My mother, father, and I along with several others, intend to change the system. I'm asking for help, organization, fomenting change, I have already contacted many national and international news organizations just this night. I have created and am in the process of writing a web service. My mother is in the process of accreting funding for the creation of a non profit organization. The name of this organization is simply called, "Walk a mile in my handcuffs." I have in design the creation of an intranet to foment inter organizational capability, I have in mind the use of social media, radio, television, billboards, marches, protests, and any and all legal forms of attack at my command. I shall not lie, it will take a herculean effort, David against goliath, the 300 versus the Persians. We will not only fight the laws but work to change them. The autistic mind is one of the most brilliant and ingenious things I can imagine. Temple Grandin, Bill Gates, your name could be amongst the greats, who worked to rectify a continuous injustice being perpetuated under the guise of safety.

Flowery overly verbose speech outta the way
Here are some links, I encourage you to read up on the matter and research it for yourself.

The matter pertains to the legality, ethics, and morality of the current laws on the books. Stated simply, it is all but mandated(supposedly left to the officer's discretion) that all psychiatric patients, I regardless of age or mental capacity, are to be transported in handcuffs and leg irons, supposedly under the guise of a safe transport. I'd say more, but my mother is a better advocate than me. However I will note, if this does not satifactorily answer to thy questions, I will take down the post. Reasses, cover all the bases, and maybe I'll put it back up again if I am allowed to.

https://www.northcarolinahealthnews.org ... andcuffed/

https://www.northcarolinahealthnews.org ... educators/

https://www.ncleg.gov/Sessions/1999/Bil ... 1520v6.pdf

https://www.ncleg.gov/enactedlegislatio ... 22c-66.pdf

https://www.ncleg.gov/enactedlegislatio ... 22c-60.pdf

Last edited by Generic_Username1969 on 02 Dec 2021, 4:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 3:38 am

Generic_Username1969 wrote:
First I shall relate to you the substance of the dilemma. A couple years back I was in a situation which required hospitalization. I went to the University of North Carolina Hospital and despite being cognizant, consciousness level of 4, perfectly and completely fine, calm, collected. I was forced to submit to chains and handcuffs, and transported in the back of a squad car.

Why? It would help if you could tell us more about the overall situation.

This was extremely uncomfortable sensorial and sometime I can still feel them.

Ugh. Yes it certainly would have been extremely uncomfortable, to say the least.

It is here that I offer an appeal to the denizens of WrongPlanet. I've only been here for s**t two days, yet things are moving faster than I could have anticipated. This issue is above and beyond politics, left the right, it matters not, autism and neruotypical, it matters not, this is simply and completely a matter of right and wrong.

In order for us to see that this is indeed "completely a matter of right and wrong," please tell us at least a little bit about what led up to this situation. So far, you've told us almost nothing about the context.

My mother, father, and I along with several others, intend to change the system.

Good luck. This will be hard work.

I'm asking for help, organisation, fomentin change, I have already contacted many national and international news organisatons just this night.

Hopefully you know how to write press releases? If not, see my list of press release tutorials. Getting the attention of national and international news organizations isn't easy.

I have created and am in the process of writing a web serivce.

Good luck with this. Let us know when it's ready.

My mother is in the process of acreting funding for the creation of a non profit organisaton. The name of this organisation is simply called, "Walk a mile in my handcuffs."

Good catchy name.

I have in design the creation of an intranet to foment inter organisational capability, I have in mind the use of social media, radio, television, billboards, marches, protests, and any and all legal forms of attack at my command.

Hopefully including a website of your own?

I shall not lie, it will take a herculean effort, david against goliath, the 300 versus the Persians. We will not only fight the laws but work to change them. The autistic mind is one of the most brilliant and ingenious things I can imagine. Temple Grandin, Bill Gates, your name could be amongst the greats, who worked to rectify a continious injustice being perpetuated under the guise of safety.

I know you're busy, but please do tell us more here.

Generic_Username1969
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Dec 2021, 3:56 am

Ms. Pereth,

I do recall my mother performing an interview with this NC Health News about the incident, I also remember other similar stories regarding the issue. Would those be beneficial?