Snowy Owl

02 Dec 2021, 3:13 pm

That there are a ton of boomers and millenials

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 3:18 pm

Earlier years -- "It's not just me" and "I'm not the only one"

Few years after -- "Collection of terms and concepts" and "troubleshooting like going for sensory items or whatnot"

More years after -- "It's just me", "Cultural differences between my reality and most of the members' reality" and that "The US is weird" :P "The UK is also weird"

Recent -- "How to move on for real" and "How tricky it actually is to untangle emotions, identification, psyche and conditioning"

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2022, 3:45 pm

skrish234 wrote:
That there are a ton of boomers and millenials

Interesting observation, which implies that Generation X is poorly represented. Any idea why?

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2022, 8:05 pm

I think WP has given me a glimpse into the minds of a lot of Aspies, and shown me a lot of ASD topics from the Aspie point of view instead of the more common NT perspective of most (but not all) of the literature out there about us, a perspective that by definition can't be any more complete than literature by white people about racism.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 4:19 pm

I have learned to allow people in, friendship-wise. Prior to WP, I preferred to keep to myself and just peacefully enjoy my hobbies. Now, I write daily to a number of friends and we support each other like family.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 4:35 pm

I'm learning to understand that people have feelings even when it is on line.

I have trouble enough with empathy in real life and when I'm online I can sometimes see it as a game and totally miss the fact that I'm dealing with real people.

Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 11:41 pm

That whereas I previously believed I was socially competent I now know I'm certainly not. Having trouble finding a GF, being ghosted by friends for no apparent reason, misinterpreting other people's feelings leading to conflict -- all those things slowly got their explanation as I found other people struggling with the same problems and perceiving themselves in relation to those problems in a similar, albeit not identical way.

Finding a way to "ground myself" in a world that generally doesn't think or reason the way I reason. That I'm (usually) not wrong but seeing things from another perspective.

That sensory problems are a real thing and that not everyone feels pain or discomfort from bright sunlight and walking on sand.

That not being able to get a driver's licence doesn't necessarily boil down to incompetence, but difficulty bringing together a lot of sensory information appearing in rapid succession. The person could be a math genius otherwise. (I do have a driver's licence but that was mostly luck -- I don't/can't drive unless I've driven the particular road in question a 100 times before.)

Among others.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2022, 4:52 am

that there are people here that are a lot like myself, but also that most of them felt unwelcome and eventually left for greener pastures, i miss them still. :(

DoniiMann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Feb 2022, 11:59 pm

Never heard of Autistic Entropy until recently seeing it mentioned here.