Why do some women think there is a wage gap?

Page 5 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2021, 10:16 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
In the Red Pill movie, they complain men being killed on the job at a much higher rate them women. Again, this could be because men choose more dangerous jobs then women. Why is it that when women are paid less MRAs say "it's because they chose jobs that pay less" but when men survive less it's somehow evidence of mass misandry.

Not only that, but lots of those mostly male dangerous jobs have an extra pay specifically given because the job is dangerous (here at least, don't know of other parts of the world.) That's all well and good, but the dangerous jobs that are mostly done by women don't get that. Sexual harassment and physical violence by patients is very common in the medical field, yet these dangers aren't taken in to account when deciding their salaries.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2021, 10:30 am

cyberdad wrote:
Nades wrote:
There is a wage gap but it's not because women get paid less for the same work.

I noticed women have a tendancy to do fewer hours in jobs that are not as skilled or high paying.

So this is post-children. Women return to the workforce on a casual/part-time basis. This is why many businesses are reluctant to employ young married girls because of a) paid parental and b) accommodating the woman returning to the workforce on a part-time basis while finding somebody to cover the rest of the position.

When there is a economic downturn the sectors that employ a predominantly female workforce are the first to shed staff.

Not really. I've noticed a lot of childless women work fewer hours and in more clerical, low end jobs. I've also noticed that men have a considerably higher tolerance to long hours and can regularly plug in brutal overtime. This seems to be irrespective of children for both the males and females.