How do i know if I’m stupid with a savant skill?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Dec 2021, 6:51 am

And how do I find out what my savant skill is?

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 6:57 am

If you have had neurological testing you should be able to find the answer in your test results.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Dec 2021, 7:43 am

What type of test do you mean?

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

05 Dec 2021, 4:28 am

Maybe you're none of the two concepts. Why do you ask, do you have a lower than 100 IQ score? From what I understand that's statisctically what Savant Syndrome people have. But spectrum people may have special interests. Things you like and were good at in youth or learning. Or maybe things that you find fun or interesting to do and can focus on for a long time.

I had a so-called "human computer" ex who was on the spectrum, she was really good at IQ tests (the only reason why my scores aren't as good as they could probably be is because many of the tests acutally contain math problems in them and I'm crap at them but when I found one with less I got bigger scores), and a moderator of a website has Savant Syndrome, so I wouldn't say it's necessarily lower IQ people. Lower IQ also doesn't mean stupid, IQ doesn't express the full intellectual gifts of a person or their ability to learn from mistakes.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

CinderashAutomaton
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Dec 2021, 4:59 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savant_syndrome

That link has all your answers. Gives you all kinds of keywords to use to search for more info, as well as references to science papers on the matter.

Also, word of advice: Basing your self-worth on a potential Savant syndrome identity isn't healthy.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 11:17 am

Technic1 wrote:
How do i know if I’m stupid with a savant skill? And how do I find out what my savant skill is?
For example…

… If people refer to COVID-19 as “Biden Flu”, “China Flu”, or “Wuhan Flu”, then they may be stupid.

… If instead they refer to COVID-19 as “SARS-CoV-2”, and especially if they develop a real cure for the disease, then they may be savants.

apex116
Raven
Raven

06 Dec 2021, 5:46 pm

Technic1 wrote:
And how do I find out what my savant skill is?

Here is an excellent journal article that you may read which should show you are not stupid at all.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2677586/