Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 8:09 am

Father of autistic boy asks Supreme Court for emergency relief over TSA airline mask requirement

Quote:
The father of a 4-year-old autistic boy is asking the Supreme Court for emergency action to block the Biden administration’s federal transportation mask mandate.

In an application docketed Friday, the father of the Florida boy, named M.S. in court papers, claims he and his child are medically unable to wear a face covering and must frequently travel out of state for the youngster’s specialized medical care. He is asking for a Transportation Security Administration exception.

The child’s father, Michael Seklecki, told Fox News that in one instance in October Frontier Airlines refused to allow him and his son to board a flight, despite a note from a doctor.

Seklecki is requesting emergency relief from the high court since they have an airline flight booked for Dec. 9.

Joining the lawsuit is Lucas Wall, a frequent flier who has refused to wear a mask on airlines. Wall says he has been stranded in his mother's Florida home because of the mask mandate, claiming he too is medically unable to use a face covering.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 8:40 am

Has anyone asked Biden to change things if he made the rule? After all, if he made the rule he needs to ammend it to make it work for everyone. If not then you need to speak to the opposition parties to force a change in the ruling. I do not see how going to court can do anything as this is a political rule so needs to be addressed politically?