I don't know what love is 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
Please stop asking these silly questions 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 15

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 12:08 pm

Aspinator wrote:
I feel love is a pre-requisite to carrying on the species. Without "love"; the human offspring would have less of a chance for survival. Once this purpose has been served and the offspring are raised the man and woman fall out of love

But I know a couple in their 70s who are still in love. Their kids grew up years ago. They're sickly sweet. It's quite nice actually.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 12:10 pm

"The marriage was not consumated" - a term learned from a friends episode.

katzhutte
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Dec 2021, 12:11 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
katzhutte wrote:
What is love?

Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more

They say it's "baby", but my ears hear "lady", no matter how hard I try...

Now that's all I hear :lol:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 12:12 pm

The Bible does order men to love their wives and orders wives to submit to their husbands.

But the only two grounds for divorce according to the Bible is where the marriage has not been consumated (Thanks Hurtloam for remembering the word) and the second is when adultery has taken place. There is no other reason for divorce in the Word of God.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 12:22 pm

Technically Jesus doesn't state legal divorce in a case of abuse, he only mentioned adultery, but the abuser would be breaking their vow because a husband in particular is meant to "love his wife as his own body" and to "assign her honour", so no one who cared about scriptural principles would make the victim feel obligated to stay with someone who so blatantly disregards them. Same if the woman was abusive. She also breaks her vow.

Quote:
So ought husbands too to love their wives as they do their own bodies. He who loves his wife is loving himself;

Ephesians 5:28

Anyway this is kind off off topic.

What is love? Taking care of someone as well as, if not better than you would take care of yourself.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 11:43 pm

Love is an unbreakable bond . It's when living energy systems synchronize in harmony and fuse into a whole.
(oh i know i'm sounding mystical now)
For the furtherance of life. Yes, life propagates itself through lust, but sustains itself through love.
Humans have the highest capacity for love, but also for psychopathic barbarism.
A reversion to the primordial 'lizard-brain-dominant mode.
(oh let me get to the sciency part)
We have roughly three centers in the brain, the limbic(reptiles; predatory) midbrain (mammals; social) the cortex (primates;analytical), all built on top of each other.
Which centers dominate our consciousness, the balance, influences our individual character.
Our capacity to love depends on our wiring, and configuration. its vastly complex.
(well thats my take on it)
If you love somebody you will treat them as part of yourself. if they suffer, you feel low, if they die, a part of you dies.
Conversely if they beam with delight and joy, you will feel it also. love is beginning to sound alot like empathy.
It keeps the world sane, saves it from destruction. or the world would collapse in on itself in chaos.
(maybe that sounds dramatic )
I think love is a necessary ingredient for our survival.
Its well observed, that love in early life (mother-infant) is crucial for healthy personality development.
Those small acts of human kindness definitely add up in society. love is holding tings together.
(oh i know that s a romantically rosy view of things)
Maybe you think its greed, lust, ambition, something more primitive, really responsible for holding things together. I'm not sure about that, thats shortsighted.
Yeah those are powerful forces and drives in all of us, but they often tear things apart, than hold things together.
(I'm sure somebody has more jaded outlook, and would like to shoot me down on these points, you are welcome to do that lol)

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 9:30 am

I love my man and he loves me. Its like I've known him forever and I feel like I've always loved him and he feels exactly the same. We've only known each other for 12 months and been together for about 6 months.

The way I feel for him is like nothing I've felt for anyone before. I have an instinct towards him. I want to look after him and make him feel happy and warm and loved. This is completely mutual. It feels so easy and natural to be around him. It's as though we are a part of each other. Like we was born to be together. I sometimes feel as though we are twins even though (obviously) we are not.

I know what he wants and needs without him even telling me and he knows exactly what I need without me even telling him.

We say the same things at the same time as well and we share the same likes, dislikes, hopes and dreams.

The sex is like nothing I have ever experienced before and like nothing that I would have ever expected. We orgasm at the same time and it just feels so easy. It's like our bodies are in tune.

I never would have ever expected to ever feel like this for another living soul. There are no issues. This is completely equal.

For me this is love.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 9:56 am

Wow. Nice! Maybe you can write a thread about how to find the perfect one?

OutUponATreeBranch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Dec 2021, 5:12 pm

Love is just a state of a relationship wherein one person's well being and happiness are important to another, to varying degrees. Humans evolved to have such feelings because community helps to ensure the survival of the species as a whole, unlike what conservatives would have you believe

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 2:22 am

Mountain Goat wrote:

Well we met through my work. I'm in adult entertainment.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 2:30 am

babybird wrote:
I'm in adult entertainment.

You kidding me! Does that mean if i search hard enough on the internet, i might find your nudes. :o :lol:

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 2:34 am

theprisoner wrote:
babybird wrote:
I'm in adult entertainment.

You kidding me! Does that mean if i search hard enough on the internet, i might find your nudes. :o :lol:

Happy hunting :wink:

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 2:53 am

I dont do that kinda thing. But if i did, ASKING for a freind you see, who does do that. IF my freind was to search, What terms should he use to narrow down his search? I..My friend wants to know how he can find this elusive needle in a haystack that are your nudey photos?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 8:23 am

Tell your friend he's a bloody pervert

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 9:05 am

babybird wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

Well we met through my work. I'm in adult entertainment.

A carer?

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 4:01 pm

To me it is something like being happy that person is in the world. That person gives you hope that the world is better than it seems.