Knightmare (the British kids will know)

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 11:36 am

There's a few other Brits my age on this forum so I thought I would share this gem of a podcast I've discovered.

Temporal discussion: the Knightmare podcast

For those of you too young or who grew up elsewhere, Knightmare was a cutting edge kids TV show for its time. A kid in a blindfold hat had to be guided around a blue screen studio to solve puzzles and avoid objects that their team could see on a monitor.

Offset
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Dec 2021, 7:46 am

I feel I'm the only black/African-American, American in general lol, that likes/knows about this show.

I'm a 91 birth, and I remember 2006-2007-2008, in my teenage years, an American kids game show podcast online, (because I love game shows, and kids/family game shows lol) talked about Knightmare.

I feel it's like if Dungeons and Dragons, Lord of the Rings, Runescape, and World of Warcraft, was a gameshow, I swear lol. Like in the earlier series, it's so crazy, how I'm kinda not surprised at the teams that lose. Like all you have to do, is listen to the dungeon characters, whenever someone gives you a spell, remember it for later, and solve the rather easy riddles the wall monsters give, and the wall monsters even tell you what items to take or not take, smh. etc. lol. The teams that end up winning, I salute, because intelligence always pays off. lol.

My favorite moment, is one team forgot to get the "afro pick", as the team said, and you see the cavern lady Mildred, with her hair all matted and tangled, and she says, "why didn't you bring me the comb", and she knocks them off the mountain, and they immediately get eliminated. smh lol.

The later series is where it gets way more difficult, and Tregard and Pickle, I feel were a perfect team.

Knightmare is an addicting show, and yes. It needs to definitely come back, very much lol.

You guys need to watch Knightmare, if you like game shows, yes. lol.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 7:53 am

I remember this show.

One of the very few 80's shows that has potential to be re-awoken today.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 8:17 am

Offset. What does smh mean. Sorry for me asking. I have not heard it used.

It is funny when watching such a show when you know the answers but they miss the obvious clues! Haha. And you can't tell them because they can't hear you trough the TV screen.

I think my Dad used to think that people could hear you through the TV as every time he watched a rugby match he would shout instructions to the players telling them what to do.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 11:23 am

Offset, so nice to hear it reached California!

Yes, the teams that did badly didn't listen or write things down. My favourite mistake was the team who were told to use SPADE, but said the word SHOVEL instead. Close, but no banana.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 11:07 am

It was a great show, really tense to watch especially when that skull graphic would pop up and you'd hear a heartbeat sound effect and they'd have to do something quickly. Or when you heard goblin horns. It was one of those shows where you'd be shouting at the TV because the people playing were getting it sooo badly wrong.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 11:12 am

This is what I mean. Still gives me the willies.