Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2021, 12:38 am

I tried to have a job once. It went wrong. I had meltdowns at work. I burst into tears twice.

I was hard to train. I had to quit due to mental health issues. I couldnt go to work with all my paranoia. I also wasnt taking meds at the time.

Everyone else I know seems to have a job and they do their job well. I feel weird for not having one. I guess it makes sense. I need help with a lot of basic stuff. My mom wants me to apply for disability.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 6:31 am

its OK if you can't keep a job, sometimes we simply can't do what we want to because our neurology or biochemistry, etc interferes. that is not your fault. Our daughter got disability after trying several times, but she got distressed, anxious and had delusions which made it simply impossible for her. There is no shame in needing help, and programs like disability are meant for those of us who truly do struggle with working, need extra help and support. As time goes on things may change, but for now, if you need the help, it is not shameful or wrong to ask for it. Keep us posted.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 10:07 am

Not everyone has a job

Not everyone does their job well

You can't measure quality

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 5:55 pm

You should apply for Disability; seems you would have a pretty good case that your mental difficulties prevent you from working. And if your moms encouraging it she may be able to help you with the application process.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 4:14 pm

Having a job has its pros & cons and everyone is suited differently to the workplace.

If you have neurological issues or mental health issues, you'll suffer whilst either unemployed or employed. Being employed, you won't be able to cope a lot of the time or at all and being unemployed, you will probably end up feeling like you are not achieving your potential and will probably end up with low self esteem.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 7:49 am

Not all jobs are the same

Plenty of jobs have had the nerve to make my worthless corpse redundant

Right now I have been working at a job for fourteen months and counting and still not made redundant

According to your post, you only had one job

That says nothing about any other job

Not a representative sample