Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 12:14 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
babybird wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
When I approached them the whole table went quiet lol
If you know that you have crashed into a certain social gathering then you must also understand why people are offended by your behaviour. You sound like you enjoy making people feel uncomfortable by your presence.
It seems that way to me, too. No wonder his victim dissed his cheesy “compliment”.

:roll:

Come on mate have some respect and cut back on the insults :evil:

Why don't you do yourself a favour and stop going to places where you are clearly not wanted or appreciated.

No one on this board is insulting you but you do seem to enjoy going to places where people do insult you.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 12:14 pm

babybird wrote:
The whole situation is crazy. I mean if he knows he has stalker issues and he gets labelled with all these derogatory names that he keeps telling us about then why carry on with this behaviour. He k ows full well what he's doing but he seems to take pride in it by coming on here and almost boasting about it.
I have witnessed bullies behave in a similar way…

“She made me feel bad by crying after I told her she needed to lose weight. What a b****!”

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 12:19 pm

Fnord wrote:
babybird wrote:
The whole situation is crazy. I mean if he knows he has stalker issues and he gets labelled with all these derogatory names that he keeps telling us about then why carry on with this behaviour. He k ows full well what he's doing but he seems to take pride in it by coming on here and almost boasting about it.
I have witnessed bullies behave in a similar way…

“She made me feel bad by crying after I told her she needed to lose weight. What a b****!”

I am not a bully either

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 12:21 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
babybird wrote:
I have witnessed bullies behave in a similar way… “She made me feel bad by crying after I told her she needed to lose weight. What a b****!”
I am not a bully either
No one said you were.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 12:25 pm

Do you think that your behaviour is appropriate yourself?

Do you think it's normal to just burst in on a group of people completely uninvited and unwanted and then just expect them to accept you into their group?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 12:26 pm

babybird wrote:
Do you think that your behaviour is appropriate yourself?

Do you think it's normal to just burst in on a group of people completely uninvited and unwanted and then just expect them to accept you into their group?

I would accept anyone who burst in uninvited

I am just desperate to make friends my own age instead of people much older than me all the time. It’s only old people who are tolerant of me :(

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 12:38 pm

Yes you are desperate. But you can't expect people to just accept you into their social circle because you're desperate and lonely. That's not how it works.

I don't know what the solution to your loneliness is but I do know that your behaviour isn't helping you.

If I was out with my friends or even on my own and you just came up to me and started talking to me (giving compliments or just being friendly) I wouldn't be too happy. I would move away from you or I would be hostile towards you. Your company isn't wanted.

That's as simple as it is.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 12:45 pm

babybird wrote:
Yes you are desperate. But you can't expect people to just accept you into their social circle because you're desperate and lonely. That's not how it works.

I don't know what the solution to your loneliness is but I do know that your behaviour isn't helping you.

If I was out with my friends or even on my own and you just came up to me and started talking to me (giving compliments or just being friendly) I wouldn't be too happy. I would move away from you or I would be hostile towards you. Your company isn't wanted.

That's as simple as it is.

Being long term unemployed doesn't help either

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 12:48 pm

How the hell do you afford to go to pubs so often if you are unemployed?

Are there any groups you could join in the day time in your area for the unemployed?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 12:49 pm

babybird wrote:

Are there any groups you could join in the day time in your area for the unemployed?

I could join the autistic society

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 12:50 pm

You could. It might be a starting point.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 12:52 pm

Jamesy wrote:
babybird wrote:

It would probably go better than harassing people who've made it clear they're not your friends at the bar.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 12:55 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
babybird wrote:

It would probably go better than harassing people who've made it clear they're not your friends at the bar.

Well my autism makes it hard to understand boundries so it's not my all my fault. Stop criticising me for things I can't help.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 1:05 pm

Joining a group of people in an environment that is welcoming to outsiders or new people is far better that just bursting in on groups of people who are hostile because your company is unwelcome.

I don't know what part of the country you live in and don't tell us but there are bound to be loads of groups for you to join.

Do you sign on at the jobcentre? If so your work coach could help you with it. My work coach is always sending me links to places I can join. Just to get me out of the house.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 1:06 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Well my autism makes it hard to understand boundries so it's not my all my fault. Stop criticising me for things I can't help.

It's not as though this is a brand new issue you don't understand. You've posted about how your interactions at the bar have been going for ages and often describe people being very blunt with you when establishing their boundaries.

When the other people are that clear it's not reasonable to insist the problem is entirely with a failure to understand boundaries. It's one thing to make that claim when they've been ambiguous but you've described people being so explicitly clear that it's hard to believe that misunderstanding is still a factor.

You owe both yourself and those other people to stop harassing them. You owe yourself new strategies for dealing with feeling lonely because subjecting yourself to more blunt rejection is only hurting you. You owe those other people enough respect to stop bothering them when they've made it clear they don't want to interact or being friends.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 1:38 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

It's not as though this is a brand new issue you don't understand. You've posted about how your interactions at the bar have been going for ages and often describe people being very blunt with you when establishing their boundaries.

When the other people are that clear it's not reasonable to insist the problem is entirely with a failure to understand boundaries. It's one thing to make that claim when they've been ambiguous but you've described people being so explicitly clear that it's hard to believe that misunderstanding is still a factor.

You owe both yourself and those other people to stop harassing them. You owe yourself new strategies for dealing with feeling lonely because subjecting yourself to more blunt rejection is only hurting you. You owe those other people enough respect to stop bothering them when they've made it clear they don't want to interact or being friends.

They also should show more respect and not be so hostile as well. They could be more polite about it at least.