How Those Trump/Russia Stories Got Shopped to the Media

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 11:27 am

Thanks to recent indictments and ongoing lawsuits about an alleged Trump computer back channel to Moscow, we can now see just how journalists got played—and who played them.
This is not a Fox News story but one from The Nation a very progressive publication. It is a very lengthy expose, too lengthy copy and paste highlights. That publication is very strict in limiting the number of free reads.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 3:41 pm

Russiagate will hopefully, in time, be seen for what it was: An evidence-free conspiracy theory that the media pushed to conceal the real reasons how Trump got elected.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 5:49 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Russiagate will hopefully, in time, be seen for what it was: An evidence-free conspiracy theory that the media pushed to conceal the real reasons how Trump got elected.

Don't forget to click your ruby slippers together three times.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 6:32 pm

uncommondenominator wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Funny s**t! I guess you agree with me. Who would have thought that was possible!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 3:14 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Funny s**t! I guess you agree with me. Who would have thought that was possible!

Oh Dorothy, it was all just a dream!

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 4:47 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Life is just a dream. Nothing is real. We're all just passing through the world assessing it through our belief that there is some meaning to it all. There isn't. It's a s**t show. Grab your pleasures where you can and prepare for the apocalypse. It's coming. Light your fireworks and hope the brilliant display will will be a fitting epitaph to our ugly history.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 7:35 am

VegetableMan wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Life is just a dream. Nothing is real. We're all just passing through the world assessing it through our belief that there is some meaning to it all. There isn't. It's a s**t show. Grab your pleasures where you can and prepare for the apocalypse. It's coming. Light your fireworks and hope the brilliant display will will be a fitting epitaph to our ugly history.

Yeah, I remember when I too was an edgy nihilistic teenager. "We?" Oui? Je ne comprends pas. The arrogance, the audacity, to say the WORLD shall end; the world has always been, and shall continue to be. Hubris, to think that the end Man is the end of Life, or of World.

The absence of meaning conveniently assigned by the Universe in no way preclude the ability to find one's own meaning in life. To find that the universe has no predestined meaning for you, and concluding that life is therefore meaningless, is but a reflection of thine own emptiness. Those who's hearts are already full of meaning and purpose need not be told by the universe that their works matter. And upon realizing that the universe has no pre-defined purpose, they rejoice in the knowledge that no path is wrong, and continue to find their own purpose.

And the musicians played, even as the world collapsed around them. Death, kind and considerate as He is, comes for us all, without bias. We are all claimed by Him eventually, welcomed by His embrace unto oblivion. If His lifelong pursuit of thee be enough to drive thee to fear and desperation, to seek pleasure and gluttony at every turn, lest He snatch you from the jaws of your precious earthly comforts, then that be thine choice. But not all fear His embrace so.

Sophomoric nihilism is fun and all, but if you're serious about life having no meaning, then why even bother with the pursuit of pleasure or comfort? Is that not merely striving foolishly against a meaningless universe? Is not then pleasure also meaningless?

But if you're wiling to strive for those pleasures, fill life to the brim with them before Death's inevitable grasp finally reaches thee, then life DOES have meaning, else you'd not bee seeking these things with such fervor. For all it's philosophical trappings and posturing, in the end, it still just comes off as an excuse to live a completely self-indulgent life. After all, if nothing is real, then neither are the pleasures one prioritizes so.

One day, all of the people still grumbling about everything from voter fraud to Benghazi will be old enough that they'll just be mistaken for people suffering from dementia. "Russian collusion is impossible! Russian collusion is everywhere!"

Pay no attention to the man behind the Iron Curtain, right?

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 12:23 pm

I'm no nihilist, I just have my moods. Some days I feel like, "f*k it all," and the next I'm trying to change the world. It's a crazy mixed up bag of emotions.

Oscar Meyer Lansky