Page 5 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 3:46 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
If Trump runs for election in 2024, it will be a de facto admission that he lost in 2020.
He'll attribute the election of 2020 to conspiracies and fake news and 75 million people will say, "yeah, whatever he says".
I saddens me to think that this may actually happen.

:(

I have read Trump's "Art of The Deal", and it presents an image of a man who understands business and will admit when he has made a mistake.  The events described within the book actually happened (although maybe not the exact way he represents), so I have to wonder what happened between the 1980s and the 2010s that turned Trump into a blatant liar.

skrish234
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Dec 2021, 3:50 pm

True. I'll have to move out of the country if that happens

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 4:23 pm

Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
If Trump runs for election in 2024, it will be a de facto admission that he lost in 2020.
He'll attribute the election of 2020 to conspiracies and fake news and 75 million people will say, "yeah, whatever he says".
I saddens me to think that this may actually happen.

:(

I have read Trump's "Art of The Deal", and it presents an image of a man who understands business and will admit when he has made a mistake.  The events described within the book actually happened (although maybe not the exact way he represents), so I have to wonder what happened between the 1980s and the 2010s that turned Trump into a blatant liar.

Simple: Trump didn't actually write the book; his ghost writer did. This gentleman has since come forward and has expressed guilt for helping Trump hoist himself over the country.

Last edited by Kraichgauer on 07 Dec 2021, 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 4:25 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Fnord wrote:
... I have read Trump's "Art of The Deal", and it presents an image of a man who understands business and will admit when he has made a mistake.  The events described within the book actually happened (although maybe not the exact way he represents), so I have to wonder what happened between the 1980s and the 2010s that turned Trump into a blatant liar.[/color]
Simple: Trump didn't actually write the book; his ghost writer did. This gentleman has since come forward and has expressed guilt for helping Trump hoist himself over the country.
More sadness ... I had hoped that Trump's behavior for the last 20 years (or so) would be explained by a brain tumor, senile dementia, or some kind of chemical dependency.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 4:26 pm

Fnord wrote:
I have read Trump's "Art of The Deal", and it presents an image of a man who understands business and will admit when he has made a mistake.  The events described within the book actually happened (although maybe not the exact way he represents), so I have to wonder what happened between the 1980s and the 2010s that turned Trump into a blatant liar.[/color]

I think we need to recognise he represents the aspiring republican's dream of success. The "Art of the Deal" was basically "get rich quick" book where the mantra was follow my simple rules and you'll be rich too.

Between 1980s- 2010 his narcissm propelled him to more TV appearances and agreeing to do the Apprentice. His foray into politics was possibly a blunder but its worked out to be very profitable for him and his family.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 5:34 pm

Fnord wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Fnord wrote:
... I have read Trump's "Art of The Deal", and it presents an image of a man who understands business and will admit when he has made a mistake.  The events described within the book actually happened (although maybe not the exact way he represents), so I have to wonder what happened between the 1980s and the 2010s that turned Trump into a blatant liar.[/color]
More sadness ... I had hoped that Trump's behavior for the last 20 years (or so) would be explained by a brain tumor, senile dementia, or some kind of chemical dependency.

Nah, just Narcissistic Personality Disorder on Trump's part.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 5:36 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Then there is no hope for his redemption before his final realization of mortality.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 7:49 pm

Fnord wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Then there is no hope for his redemption before his final realization of mortality.

Guess so.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 8:38 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I have read Trump's "Art of The Deal", and it presents an image of a man who understands business and will admit when he has made a mistake.  The events described within the book actually happened (although maybe not the exact way he represents), so I have to wonder what happened between the 1980s and the 2010s that turned Trump into a blatant liar.[/color]

I think we need to recognise he represents the aspiring republican's dream of success. The "Art of the Deal" was basically "get rich quick" book where the mantra was follow my simple rules and you'll be rich too.

Between 1980s- 2010 his narcissm propelled him to more TV appearances and agreeing to do the Apprentice. His foray into politics was possibly a blunder but its worked out to be very profitable for him and his family.

It wasn't just narcissism. He was going broke before the Apprentice.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 12:37 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:

It wasn't just narcissism. He was going broke before the Apprentice.

I assume you are referring to his numerous failed business enterprises where he burned investor money and wrote of his debts by declaring bankruptcy. He has certainly benefitted from the presidency making nearly $2 Billion profit between 2016-2020 on top of his existing bank balance.

Despite his enormous wealth he managed to also get > $100m in political donations to fund he ridiculous campaign over voter fraud and building the wall.