Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 3:47 pm

Not sure where all this hate stuff comes from, there is no evidence at all the adult public hate autistic people, quite the reverse its just seen as a disability of varying severity.

Like i said before people ignore us because they cant connect with us on a friendship / relationship level that`s all it is.

Many people will hate autism itself however when they see kids or some adults unable to talk or ID. When they see people in distress because of meltdowns, but i dont really blame them for that.

- George Bernie Shaw

Rotter
Toucan
Toucan

15 Dec 2021, 5:58 pm

NoMoreRegrets94 wrote:
Because normies are evil people who dont listen to a reason.

I suggest, if you want to avoid feeling so upset again in future, then consider lowering your expectations of typical people. A lot. Then, next time you're badly treated, instead of feeling upset, you'll be able to think "I'm disappointed by the bad treatment I received, but I expected it to happen, so I'm not upset about it."

I think the biggest hurt/upset comes from having high expectations of typical people, because high expectations lead to a big painful shock/letdown when you're hit with the reality: Many people cannot handle open direct honest communication, and they will punish you if you try to communicate with them in this open manner.

It hurts a lot less to be pessimistic about it, and just presume in advance that any given group of typical people cannot handle direct communication, so don't do it. They're not capable of it, and they don't want it. Just don't even try it with them.

vividgroovy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2021, 6:05 am

From my teenage years through my 20s, I would try to be very polite and people would still get furious at me over seemingly nothing. I don't think I went a single day during that period without someone being furious at me.

There were people who were close to me who acted like they hated me, though in retrospect, I don't think they did. I think they had a different perception of their behavior than I did. As one of these people put it, "Yelling is love." Well, I certainly didn't think so.

The thing that still affects me is how hiring managers acted towards me when I would try to get a job. Everyone would tell me, "Go hand your application in to the manager," "Go follow up on your application with the manager," etc. And then the manager would act like talking to me for two minutes was making them nauseous. I have worked at my current job for 12 years and I'm very nervous about ever having to look for one again due to this experience.

Cunfuzed
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2021, 4:08 pm

Fraser_S wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Autism is a disease because now scientists are saying autism is an autoimmune disease and more likely to die from covid or have shortened life spans.

It's not exactly a breaking revelation. The auto-immune thing has been known about for quite some time. We're all pre-disposed to higher levels of internal inflammation (and also external for many of us with chronic skin conditions).

The good news however is that many of the symptoms associated with auto-immunity can be controlled by identifying and avoiding specific triggers. The most common culprits being things like Gluten, Lactose and refined sugars. Even stress is known to be a contributing factor.

Our life spans don't need to be shortened. Many of us are simply trapped in a cycle of consuming things that we already know are detrimental to our health and our brain function. We do it because we feel bad about ourselves, but we feel bad about ourselves because we do it.

I think stress and misinformation are bigger factors than anything else. Reason why people with autism are more likely to die from covid is more of an issue of sodium levels than straight Immune system issues. Google sodium and covid complications. I've done a ;ot of research trying to get to the bottom of everything and am being treated very badly by my doctors for discussing options they don't want me to try.